Fallout 76

Soldato
OP
Tonight, Bethesda Game Studios’ Todd Howard confirmed that Fallout 76 is an online-only game, fully embracing the model of multiplayer survival-crafting games like Rust and Conan Exiles. There’s plenty to be gained by taking this route with a spin-off from the mainline series of single-player action-RPGs....

Source - IGN

Unsure how I feel about it being an online only game. I'm definitely not excited about the idea.

Soldato
They have said its going to be a handful of players per instance so you may be able to play solo and not run into a group and get ganked. The map is supposedly 4x bigger than Fo4 so its a definite possibility to enjoy this solo.

I would assume there will be a flashpoint type mechanic that pops up on the map with the nukes going off that are supposed to give access to the rare and exotic loot.

Shawrey

Ok, well that sounds better. I'll move it from a definite no, to a probably no.

Soldato
It needs Dark Souls style game invasion. Pop into someone's wasteland, find and attack their base and nick their stuff. Would be epic! One of my biggest gripes with the base building in FO4 was nobody got to see it and it was never properly put to the test by invaders. Imagine manning the walls with a bunch of buddies, fending off evil goddamn looters and watching your carefully placed traps doing their job :D

Associate
Wish this was a proper SP game. I much prefer good quality well written single player over mp any day. Only play Fifa online. I think my opinion would differ I played over headsets but just prefer to kick back when I game.

Soldato
Anyone else pre ordered the power armour edition? I'll sell a couple of things to pay for it but looks pretty good! Can't wait for the game, To me building in 4 was pointless but now it's multiplayer I may go deeper into the system.

Soldato
OP
I'm still not sure about this.... No human NPCs. All other humans you encounter will be other players.

I feel this is just some sort of spin-off... A deviation from the main games. With that in mind I'm expecting a fallout 5 next year.

Soldato
I'm an absolute Fallout fanboy but I just can't get excited for an online game :(

I am not a fan of online games either. With the map being as big as it is though, there is a good chance you won't bump into any other players. As long as I can still play it in 'single player mode' at some point, and get quests etc then I will give it a look.

Soldato
I am not a fan of online games either. With the map being as big as it is though, there is a good chance you won't bump into any other players. As long as I can still play it in 'single player mode' at some point, and get quests etc then I will give it a look.

From what I've seen though the only other characters in the game are other players. There are no "NPCs" as such.

Soldato
From what I've seen though the only other characters in the game are other players. There are no "NPCs" as such.

That is one of the downsides. If it still plays like a Fallout game though (Minus the NPC's) then I will give it a look. Might watch someone play a bit first i.e ManyATrueNerd on Youtube before I decide.

Back
Top Bottom