SBXAE-5 & AKG K712

Associate
Hey guys,

After taking such a long time deciding on what new audio set-up to buy; my decision was PERFECT! After upgrading my Asus Xonar DX 7.1 to SBX-AE5 and Hyper X cloud to AKG K712 I noticed the difference straight away. I'm absolutely loving this new setup.

I have a quick question though: if anyone has this same/similar set-up what settings would you guys recommend?
There are so many ways to customise the sound! As there will be many opinions I'll take all setups and try them all out :). I want the best setup for gaming: Rainbow Six Siege would be beneficial as thats the main game I play.

For music, I just use one of the presets :). Neutral seems great.

All opinions will be appreciated :D

Thank you and another thank you to the guys who helped me to decide on this setup

Kind Regards
Stefan

Soldato
As downside if you ever have to listen game sound with cheap garbages banging head to keyboard starts to feel like enjoyable idea...

Like most games Rainbow Six Siege doesn't have any approriate settings for headphones, so set card to 7.1 Headphone output mode and enable Surround.
That percentage setting shouldn't be at least increased much from default, though of course you can test different settings for which gives best immersion.

Most other options of Acoustics Engine aren't usefull for gaming.
Crystalizer is just fancy name for equalizer boosting bass and treble. Which could only help with garbages lacking bass and treble.
Though Smart Volume compressing dynamic range between loud and quiet moments could be usefull if game has annoying extreme variation in sound volume.

Back
Top Bottom