The Division 2

Soldato
Call me mad then, I loved the first game for all its flaws and you cant knock massive/ubisofts support for the game. I never found the game unplayable at any point even if at some points you were forced into a way of playing.
Grindfest? its a loot game kill, loot, repeat what are you expecting?

I just don't know what some people want, I have a friend who has over 800hrs logged on division and calls the game a rip off, you played it for 800 hrs what do you want out of a game?

Associate
Call me mad then, I loved the first game for all its flaws and you cant knock massive/ubisofts support for the game. I never found the game unplayable at any point even if at some points you were forced into a way of playing.

I just don't know what some people want, I have a friend who has over 800hrs logged on division and calls the game a rip off, you played it for 800 hrs what do you want out of a game?

Totally agree with you. A new IP from Ubi and it gets torn to shreds, seems no game pleases anyone these days... Wheres the show of support for the community?
For all its flaws, the Division is an enjoyable and challenging game. RNG is frustrating but isn't that the whole point of a gambling type system? You win some you lose some.

I remember games coming out on the SNES, PS, N64, Dreamcast and PS2 but to name a few and no-one and I mean literally no-one had such bad things to say. If they were bugged - they were bugged and you worked around them, you didn't whine or complain because you knew they couldn't be fixed. Games were often miles shorter than the games of today and yet no-one complained there was so little to do. I used to love waking up on a Saturday and firing up GTA2 on the PS to blast through all the scenarios in a matter of a few hours - never once was I bored even though I knew all the scenarios word for word.

Perhaps the worst thing to ever happen to games was fast consumer grade Internet. Games can be patched remotely and this means publishers are pushing the developers timescales forward to get the ££ in the bank.

Shawrey

Caporegime

A game that was actually fun and not a complete mess, it got slammed for the exploits and many bugs and rightly so.

Disclaimer: As already mentioned I haven't played the game in a long time, so this is based on the state of the game at launch and a few months afterwards. I don't really care if they've now taken the last 2 years making it the greatest game of all time, i'll never know because i'd rather slice my nads off than soil my Xbox HD with it's presence.

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought the first one had so much potential and I was really looking forward to playing. Then it got released and well what a disappointment, no end game content as such, lots of bugs and not a good game.

I understand that it has changed a lot in the 2 years since launch but I bought the game to play 2 years ago not now, so I'm not going back to it.

Hopefully they will learn from the massive mistakes in the first, if they do I may be interested.

Soldato
I was never a fan of the first game and ended up buying it for £8 and it was still... meh!

It's a bit better now than it was, I've just started getting back into it trying to get the achievements i missed, so far have 4/5 of the new items which I'm using and a few I'm not for the gear sets, and the new missions are quite fun.

Associate
I really enjoyed the first game, although stopped playing long ago. What gets missed often is that it had a terrific back story, the audio/video files you collect were some of the best I've come across.

Looking forward to number 2 just hope they don't do a bungie and actually learn from the first one!

Soldato
Does anyone know if it's set in NYC again or are we going to get another story arch set elsewhere? I must admit, the snow paired up with NYC was just prefect.

I really enjoyed the first game, although stopped playing long ago. What gets missed often is that it had a terrific back story, the audio/video files you collect were some of the best I've come across.

This.

Although there was one Echo which was bugged and showed on the map yet I couldn't "activate" it.

Associate
Yep... I liked the premise and game play, bought the gold version and when it went buggy I bailed. I didn't bail without reason. I was one of the many who got locked out of the game (for 2-3 weeks) due to the backpack bug. Ubi wasn't even recognizing this problem and ignored all the players leaving a very bad taste in players mouths.

Soldato
If it doesn't expand on the first Division I won't bother with it

Feels like they haven't even come close to the potential the game has with multiplayer

Feels like i'm too restricted with the building and surroundings

It it's just the Division with new content I think I will pass on day one and wait for a price drop

Destiny 2 pulled that stunt so I don't want to get burned again

Soldato
TBH this has been one of the highlights of E3 for me,
Gameplay looked great, added some new stuff, new setting of Washington DC also looked interesting.
OK i have over 40 days of playtime on the original and this was always on my radar but now I actually have some hype.

A year 1 plan in place for end game and its all FREE which is a good thing, Raids, clans and other stuff all looked good.

Associate
I must be easily pleased as I loved the first game, even at launch. I did finish the story and not long after stopped playing it but its £8 on Steam at the moment so downloaded it last night to work my way through the story again in time for the 2nd game coming out.

Associate
The thing that never worked with this game is that the enemies were human and yet took ridiculous amounts of bullets to take down if they were levelled higher. Just totally unbelievable for me and so ruined the immersion. Also there were hardly any variation so most enemies looked identical, again ruining the immersion. Loved the setting though and the story was decent I thought too.

Back
Top Bottom