New car time MY18 Mustang GT

Soldato
So as I commented in the Porsche thread my daughter has had a growth spurt and now no longer fits too comfortably in the back of the wife’s car, a 997 C4S so we have been looking for a replacement. After considering and trying a variety of completely different cars (Minis, 4X4s, BMW M cars) we took at look at the latest Mustang and were both massively impressed. Still a huge lead time on new orders however luckily there was an available built car with the spec we wanted so fingers crossed and no issues within the next 2-4 weeks should be taking receipt of a Ruby Red GT with the new A10 auto box and magneride active suspension. Basically looking like this..

2018RubyRed.jpg

But with these stripes in black on it….

2018MustangStripes.jpg

Completely different beast to my old s197 and should make a fun pair to share between us, most excited! :D

Associate
Yaaaaaaaas
1 more week for me...hopefully

Busy week for me. Merc C300h gone, Mazda 2 gone. Kuga purchased for the family trips... And Mustang for fun.

Keeping it stock or putting a new exhaust on it? I am going for a borla s-type

Soldato
OP
Keeping it stock or putting a new exhaust on it? I am going for a borla s-type
Well the new active exhaust is meant to be quite impressive so hoping that will provide a decent sound. My car has straight throughs (SLP Loudmouths) so don’t think the neighbours would be too pleased if both cars shook windows every time they started. :p

Soldato
Love the colour and the front end is growing on me.

I was thinking about this or a C63 coupe as my last V8 hurrah. Whenever I go onto Ford's website to check details of the 2018 model, it still shows the old one. Do I have to go to a select dealer to get info about these?

Soldato
OP
Soldato
Soldato
OP
Thanks, that has filled in the blanks for me. Happy that it shows the Recaros now as an option, I've been waiting for these since the last car.
No heat or cooling though. :(

You mentioned trying some BMW M cars, if you compared this against an M3/M4 I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.
Obvious cost difference between them meant that it wouldn't have been a brand new M4. We found that the BMWs whilst an amazingly capable were more sedate at low speeds/casual driving, the Mustang allows you to have a more engaged/fun experience with less chance of losing your license. Also styling wise the BMWs are a little bland, especially the interior.

Soldato
No heat or cooling though. :(

Obvious cost difference between them meant that it wouldn't have been a brand new M4. We found that the BMWs whilst an amazingly capable were more sedate at low speeds/casual driving, the Mustang allows you to have a more engaged/fun experience with less chance of losing your license. Also styling wise the BMWs are a little bland, especially the interior.

Looking forward to hearing how you get on when it arrives :)

Took 7 posts to ask the most important question. Shame on you motors!

Obvious thread title was err... obvious. Plus he wouldn't have dare coming in here with 'Look at my awesome EcoBoost guys...' :D

Soldato
I stated in the opening post and title it was the GT, shame on you motors for not knowing that's the V8. :p

Obvious thread title was err... obvious. Plus he wouldn't have dare coming in here with 'Look at my awesome EcoBoost guys...' :D

Touche - shame on me! ;)

I'm not intimate with the individual trim levels of every car, especially if it's not Japanese :p

Soldato
I was in a similar dilemma, (a 996 turbo) so wanted something as quick and handled as well (which rules out mustangs:p). I went for an e92 M3 as the back of a mustang looks really small for the size of car (my kids are 4 and 2 so still in car seats).

Back
Top Bottom