Fanatec Clubsport/Sim racer Thread

Soldato
90VbrIy.jpg

SRH Dash Pro arrived today. :)
Nice. No use to me though as I exclusively play in VR:p.
Done a few hours in pc2 driving a few gt3 cars while tweaking ffb settings tonight and OMG this DD wheel is something else, its like going from SD to HD I can feel every detail/bump in the road even when in a high speed corner the ffb is just as clear. Running it at 45%-60% power depending on the car any more and its too much of a workout/dangerous.:D

Associate
OP
Nice. No use to me though as I exclusively play in VR:p.
Done a few hours in pc2 driving a few gt3 cars while tweaking ffb settings tonight and OMG this DD wheel is something else, its like going from SD to HD I can feel every detail/bump in the road even when in a high speed corner the ffb is just as clear. Running it at 45%-60% power depending on the car any more and its too much of a workout/dangerous.:D

Lol, I can only imagine it to feel like driving an old truck with no power steering. Those where the days you needed arms like Arnold Schwarzenegger to get the thing turning. :D

I use VR too, but in other games that don't support VR the SRH is great. But I am looking to get triple monitors and drop VR till at least the next gen. :)

Associate
Well I have got my new kit installed and used it for a few evenings. A jump from a Logitech G25 to the universal hub, 2.5 base, and V3 pedals is quite noticeable. My lap times arnt bad but getting used to the new brake pedal will take some time.

As I have been overly sensitive to the new kit, looking for any difference or issues listed below:

First bit I found was on turning, felt like a gritty bearing but I quickly dismissed this as now being able to feel the road surface, not like the G25. Im not on about slippery areas or loss of grip but the actual tarmac! I can feel the road surface, its that much better.
2: That brake pedal, I haven't installed the performance kit yet or even adjusted the preload but its so much more like my real cars. I can control the point I lock up easier but haven't mastered it yet and seem to be not pushing it on game to its maximum stopping power. This is where I am losing time on my races. Bad point here is the vibration motor to simulate locking up/ABS is almost undetectable due to the amount of force applied with your foot.
3: Vibration motor on the throttle works really good due to the lighter pressure needed to depress it. Really nice but of tech.
4: No more nagging from the wife. The G25 is noisy when rotation and even worse when high power force feedback is kicking in, this meant when she was in the room next door trying to fall asleep I was getting nagged to stop playing. The new one is almost silent when in use other than hitting kerbs but I have been given the ok to play while she attempt to sleep.
5: I went for the smallest wheel they had the clubsport round 1 at 280mm. This was to keep it as close to my road legal kit car and the G25. The wheel is fine but the upper thumb switched are adjusted in as far as they go (up against the hub) and when repositioning my hands on large tail happy corrections my thumbs are getting snagged in-between them and the rim. I am now looking at either making my own switch housings or bracket to lift the wheel and switches up from the hub.
6: As I race in VR the switches are hard to differ from each other, I will need to mod the free covers you get so they feel different from each other. Maybe one rubber, one plastic and one with a pip?

Would recommend if you have the spare cash, but the G25 is still/was I good wheel for me over the last 5 years.

Associate
OP
Well I have got my new kit installed and used it for a few evenings. A jump from a Logitech G25 to the universal hub, 2.5 base, and V3 pedals is quite noticeable. My lap times arnt bad but getting used to the new brake pedal will take some time.

As I have been overly sensitive to the new kit, looking for any difference or issues listed below:

First bit I found was on turning, felt like a gritty bearing but I quickly dismissed this as now being able to feel the road surface, not like the G25. Im not on about slippery areas or loss of grip but the actual tarmac! I can feel the road surface, its that much better.
2: That brake pedal, I haven't installed the performance kit yet or even adjusted the preload but its so much more like my real cars. I can control the point I lock up easier but haven't mastered it yet and seem to be not pushing it on game to its maximum stopping power. This is where I am losing time on my races. Bad point here is the vibration motor to simulate locking up/ABS is almost undetectable due to the amount of force applied with your foot.
3: Vibration motor on the throttle works really good due to the lighter pressure needed to depress it. Really nice but of tech.
4: No more nagging from the wife. The G25 is noisy when rotation and even worse when high power force feedback is kicking in, this meant when she was in the room next door trying to fall asleep I was getting nagged to stop playing. The new one is almost silent when in use other than hitting kerbs but I have been given the ok to play while she attempt to sleep.
5: I went for the smallest wheel they had the clubsport round 1 at 280mm. This was to keep it as close to my road legal kit car and the G25. The wheel is fine but the upper thumb switched are adjusted in as far as they go (up against the hub) and when repositioning my hands on large tail happy corrections my thumbs are getting snagged in-between them and the rim. I am now looking at either making my own switch housings or bracket to lift the wheel and switches up from the hub.
6: As I race in VR the switches are hard to differ from each other, I will need to mod the free covers you get so they feel different from each other. Maybe one rubber, one plastic and one with a pip?

Would recommend if you have the spare cash, but the G25 is still/was I good wheel for me over the last 5 years.

Yeah, I can relate regarding noise, though I've had to turn the force feedback down, as even on my GT Omega Pro, the mouse and keyboard like to shake off the tray. So think I'm going to build a custom Aluminium Profile rig, and bolt the GT seat to that.

I find running the brake at setting 3 on the pedals (No brake performance kit), then on the wheel turning the ABS to 70, so you get the ABS rumble when you hit 70%, and the brake force (brf) on the wheel to 30, allows me to have threshold braking without locking up.

I use stickers on the buttons (taken off some button caps) - That now I have it set up that I know what button is what when in VR.

I'll post some pics shortly.

Load cells are amazing.

I’ve ordered an SHH shifter and a GT Omega ART.

They sure are. :)

Associate
Nice setup True gamer. I also see a hotas setup im toying with getting, any advice?

Cheers for the heads up with the brake force on the hub, will have a play with that and the settings on the pedal and see how I get on. I did some additional welding last night, this is much stronger than the G25 and I only see clipping in Pcars2 on some of the single seater cars in a few places.

I see from your pictures the size of the Forza wheel may have been a better option, I just don't like flat bottomed wheels for my style of driving. Good news with this setup is I can just order a new wheel or buy one from the likes of Demon Tweeks.

If I knew how to upload pictures I could share my own rig setup.

Back
Top Bottom