Compact camera

Soldato
OP
Sony rx100 or it if you want a truly small pocket camera then the canon g9x ii

Agree on the RX100, should get the mk 3 easily which has an EVF and faster lens.

Thanks all, the Canon was on my radar as being a favourite.

I know i said budget of £500 but being under it would be a bonus :D

What aboute the RX100 (cheaper version) vs G9

Thanks

Soldato
I have an RX100 II and it's great - amazing little compact and should come in well under your budget. If you're not worried about new I know that london camera exchange have a load second hand.

Soldato
OP
I have an RX100 II and it's great - amazing little compact and should come in well under your budget. If you're not worried about new I know that london camera exchange have a load second hand.

Thanks, also just noticed the Canon m100 & lens is in budget too hmm

Soldato
Don't get the m100 canon deserve no money for the lack of investment in what could have been a decent camera system!

The Sony is the daddy in this market unless you want something really small!

Associate
Panasonic Lumix TZ100. Got mine today and can just be picked up for under £500 from the rain forest.

Both this and the Sony RX100,s seem to be the compacts recommended the most but the Panasonic gets rated a better all round travel camera due to having a wider feature set and ease of use.
The Sony gets rated as better Picture quality if you are experienced at setting everything manually but The Panasonic has 10X optical zoom and some nice modes like post focus and 4k Picture.
The Sony is also limited to 4 minutes per 4K recording due to heat issues.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have used both the Sony RX100 and the Panasonic TZ100 and must admit there is not much between them but I settled on the Sony as it is better in low light which is important for my holiday, depends what you will photographing really but either would be good.

Back
Top Bottom