AKG k92 replacement pads?

Soldato
One of the pads on my headphones has started to have the synthentic leather flake off in certain places. The pads can apparently be replaced, but I can't find any. I know they are a cheap headphone, but I found cheap pads for the Sony pulse ps3 headset and even pads for my old cheap panasonic htx7 , but nothing for these.

They are only cheap, but the pads for the others were only £10 or so and I see plenty of generic Xmm pads for similar sort of prices (£10), so If I could replace the pads for about £10, I'd do it, but I don't see any. Do I just need to go with a set of generic fits Xmm headphones & does anyone know the size for them?

If too expensive, I'll just leave it be, but generic replacements for other cheaper headphones were easy to find.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Soldato
There are pads which fit different models, but of those I can't see any that are listed as K92 compatible. Not sure why no one seems to do any that fit these headphones as they are replaceable.

There could be some that will fit just not listed as being for the K92. The trouble is, unless someone's tried and tested and can confirm one way or the other, then it's trial and error. Given the cost of the headphones and what you're looking to spend, it won't be worth it unless they are confirmed to fit. So far, I've not come up with anything certain to fit.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yeah, they were only £30, so trial and error is no good. Was hoping someone had tried or knew a set that would fit. Much more than £10 and may as well just buy another set.

It's just weird that there just seems to be none available at all, other cheap headphones have pads. It's only the synthetic stuff, the cloth material under it is fine and is soft as well. So will just leave it unless I can find some pads. Only downside is little bits of the synthetic leather sticking to ear after taking off.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Quick update incase anyone else has the same issue & needs pads. Read somewhere else (reddit I think), that akg 240 pads will fit. So decided to take the risk with some generic ones from china for £5 or so.

They fit fine. New on the left, old on the right.

0ID5jvx.jpg

m4H29w6.jpg

On the headphones

pv9EzAl.jpg

All the sellers for these ones list the same compatablity "AKG K240 K240S K240 MKII K241 K242 K260 K240MK2 K272HD K270 K270S K271 K271S K271 K271MKII K272 K280", no k92, but they fit fine :). Size I think they are approx 100mm outer and 55mm inner as that's what a few of sellers claim and seems about right from measuring my orignals.

Back
Top Bottom