A photo says a thousand words....

Soldato
To be fair, if you wanted to be cute about it all memory is rebranded.

So commenting on a product similarity is now "being cute"? Not every thing on the internet is a criticism, and not every criticism on the internet needs to be called out. Unless, of course, you want to be cute about it.

Besides, I think you're mixing up "memory product" and "memory IC"; Samsung ICs end up in a lot of different products, but Corsair Vengeance is exclusively Corsair Vengeance and is not "rebranded" Samsung memory, nor is it used as a basis for somebody else's product (AFAIK). However, compare the Avexir Raiden to the Antec product here and you'll see quite clearly that Avexir are Antec's OEM for this, with a few minor tweaks. Not that I recall saying this was a bad thing, just stating that this wasn't an original Antec product.

Soldato
So commenting on a product similarity is now "being cute"? Not every thing on the internet is a criticism, and not every criticism on the internet needs to be called out. Unless, of course, you want to be cute about it.

Besides, I think you're mixing up "memory product" and "memory IC"; Samsung ICs end up in a lot of different products, but Corsair Vengeance is exclusively Corsair Vengeance and is not "rebranded" Samsung memory, nor is it used as a basis for somebody else's product (AFAIK). However, compare the Avexir Raiden to the Antec product here and you'll see quite clearly that Avexir are Antec's OEM for this, with a few minor tweaks. Not that I recall saying this was a bad thing, just stating that this wasn't an original Antec product.

I'm not mixing up anything, now you're being extremely cute about it lol.

Memory vendors rebrand all the time, they're effectively putting their name on the same IC as everyone else. So Corsair make their own memory IC now? That's news to me. The reality is a lot of Corsairs stockpile is passed over from G.Skill secondhand. And yes, it's still the same IC as practically every other recent kit on the market.

I think you took way too much offense to me using the word cute, by the way.

Soldato
No, no offense or being cute, just simply offering a clarification over what is essentially an inconsequential point. A memory IC is a component within a DIMM, not the entire DIMM. A Samsung IC is still a Samsung IC regardless of whose DIMMs it goes into, but that doesn't make it a rebrand. Asus's 10Gb ethernet card isn't a rebranded Intel card just because Intel make 1 component of it, Asrock motherboards are not a rebranded Nichicon product just because their capacitors are used. However this Antec DIMM is a rebranded Avexir Raiden because they are essentially the same. Same logic applies to reference graphics cards; a Gigabyte Founders Edition is just a rebranded Nvidia Founders Edition, but a Gigabyte Windforce is not.

Regardless, I like the style of the Avexir Raiden, so I think this Antec product looks boss.

Soldato
No, no offense or being cute, just simply offering a clarification over what is essentially an inconsequential point. A memory IC is a component within a DIMM, not the entire DIMM. A Samsung IC is still a Samsung IC regardless of whose DIMMs it goes into, but that doesn't make it a rebrand. Asus's 10Gb ethernet card isn't a rebranded Intel card just because Intel make 1 component of it, Asrock motherboards are not a rebranded Nichicon product just because their capacitors are used. However this Antec DIMM is a rebranded Avexir Raiden because they are essentially the same. Same logic applies to reference graphics cards; a Gigabyte Founders Edition is just a rebranded Nvidia Founders Edition, but a Gigabyte Windforce is not.

Regardless, I like the style of the Avexir Raiden, so I think this Antec product looks boss.

It is the entire DIMM. Everything else is athestic and offers no tangable benefit other than this lol. A Windforce is still an NVIDIA labeled product. Very few memory vendors tout which memory IC without delving into the product specification, sometimes not at all. So, there you have it. It's not of importance, but that is why if you're going to mention the fact it's Averxir just relabeled, then it's worth mentioning the fact.

Back
Top Bottom