*** Resident Evil 2 Remake ***

Associate
That is exactly the order I would put them in TNA.

Could easy shuffle up the top 3 aswell tho,
And maybe the revelations above resi 5.

Resi 4,5 and 6 are not really resi games, 7 was more like resi of old in bits.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
That is exactly the order I would put them in TNA.

Could easy shuffle up the top 3 aswell tho,
And maybe the revelations above resi 5.

Resi 4,5 and 6 are not really resi games, 7 was more like resi of old in bits.
:D

The reason Revelations is lower is because I did not like the story as much as I did on RE5. At least RE5 had Wesker in it.

Soldato
3 was very good too, but I agree the change to over the shoulder camera just took away from it for me. I really liked the fixed camera angles adding to the suspense.

Never played it fully just a magazine demo iirc but I'm sure it had fixed cameras which made playing a bit weird but I agree it did bump up the tension with fixed cameras I don't think 3rd person or 1st person is as good as fixed camera for that game. I hope they kept the moans and animations and the grab mechanics as they really made it feel good too.

Don't think I ever got further than the cars in fire scenes as they kept getting me, don't think I tried to run past em lol.

https://youtu.be/U712pX0FbEc

Last edited:
Soldato
I am very big on if it ain't broke don't fix it but game companies don't seem to share my enthusiasm for it. Just like Squenix making FF7 a completely different game, they seem to be doing it with this a bit too.

Soldato
I played it on my brothers Dreamcast at the time. It was so great. It is certainly in my top 3-4 favourites. Not sure if 3rd or 4th now. Time to make a new list :o:p:D

1- Resident Evil 2
2- Resident Evil
3- Resident Evil: Code Veronica
4- Resident Evil 3
5- Resident Evil 0
6- Resident Evil 7
7- Resident Evil 4
8- Resident Evil 5
9- Resident Evil: Revelations
10- Resident Evil: Revelations 2
11- Resident Evil 6

Resident Evil 7 could have been higher, but the story is not as gripping or memorable for me. Do not care for Ethan or any of the cast. Was refreshing as hell playing it vs Resident Evil 6 though, but anything would be after that abomination.

A lot of people loved RE4 but to me it is where Resident Evil franchise took a wrong turn and started going down hill. Great game for the time, but it should have been used as a separate IP or something imo.
Glad am not only one who says that! I always felt same in regards to re4 that it started re problem with its identity and the changes.

I also refuse to acknowledge 6 exists

Permabanned
I am very big on if it ain't broke don't fix it but game companies don't seem to share my enthusiasm for it. Just like Squenix making FF7 a completely different game, they seem to be doing it with this a bit too.

From the gameplay video I've seen it's pretty much the same so far, story wise and setting. I like the added changes:
RE7 inventory style
RE4 over the shoulder cam
Voices seem good so far
Good dark horror vibe with gore

You can't keep tank controls in this day and age, you got to remember that RE2 was pushing the PS1 to it's limits and it had to use tank controls because the original ps controller didn't have analogue sticks so they had to utilise what the controller had. Pre rendered backgrounds were used too.

Soldato
Glad am not only one who says that! I always felt same in regards to re4 that it started re problem with its identity and the changes.

I also refuse to acknowledge 6 exists
I'm not in position to agree or disagree with either yourself or @TNA as I missed the first ones with RE4 being my first Resident Evil experience. What I can share is that these types of games are actually my favourite over everything else - I am happiest when I'm playing a game like RE4 onwards, Dead Space and The Evil Within. I believe that RE4 inspired these games so whilst it may have been a negative turning point in terms of Resident Evil's original identity, I'm personally grateful for the direction they went or my favourite type of games may never have existed!

Permabanned
I'm not in position to agree or disagree with either yourself or @TNA as I missed the first ones with RE4 being my first Resident Evil experience. What I can share is that these types of games are actually my favourite over everything else - I am happiest when I'm playing a game like RE4 onwards, Dead Space and The Evil Within. I believe that RE4 inspired these games so whilst it may have been a negative turning point in terms of Resident Evil's original identity, I'm personally grateful for the direction they went or my favourite type of games may never have existed!

You should try the first ones, they really are awesome.

Soldato
You should try the first ones, they really are awesome.
I do intend to. It bothers me as both a fan of horror games and the horror genre that I haven't yet. I do have the HD remaster of the original that I tried but was too much of a wuss to preservere with the limited save ink ribbons system. Following recent assurances that there should be plenty to save more frequently than I imagined, I intend to revisit it imminently...

Permabanned
I do intend to. It bothers me as both a fan of horror games and the horror genre that I haven't yet. I do have the HD remaster of the original that I tried but was too much of a wuss to preservere with the limited save ink ribbons system. Following recent assurances that there should be plenty to save more frequently than I imagined, I intend to revisit it imminently...

Yes stick to that then, you can try the original RE but the remake is the basically the same but better visuals etc.
RE0 is good too, RE2 (my fave) RE3 is fantastic, RE Code Veronica... you got to play them!

Soldato

Dont get me wrong i do get your point i love dead space however less said about 3 since it ruined it all, Evil Within was also outstanding, but i feel RE4 had no impact on them imo.

Soldato
Dont get me wrong i do get your point i love dead space however less said about 3 since it ruined it all, Evil Within was also outstanding, but i feel RE4 had no impact on them imo.
I haven't tried Dead Space 3 because of the bad reviews - I heard it was a bit similar to Resident Evil 6 in that I went too far down the action route and less horror, is it really that bad to play through? I only mention that RE4 inspired the games as I'm sure I watched an interview with the devs of Dead Space and they said they were all big fans of RE4 and were influenced by it when developing the game. I think it was mostly the over the shoulder view they referred to a lot - RE4 must have been one of the first games like that was it?

Soldato
From the gameplay video I've seen it's pretty much the same so far, story wise and setting. I like the added changes:
RE7 inventory style
RE4 over the shoulder cam
Voices seem good so far
Good dark horror vibe with gore

You can't keep tank controls in this day and age, you got to remember that RE2 was pushing the PS1 to it's limits and it had to use tank controls because the original ps controller didn't have analogue sticks so they had to utilise what the controller had. Pre rendered backgrounds were used too.

It's the pre-rendered background and fixed camera for each room that I am referring to mainly. I can understand updating and improving the controls but I was a big fan of the suspense the fixed cameras made. You enter a room and you can hear a licker but you can't see it..

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
It's the pre-rendered background and fixed camera for each room that I am referring to mainly. I can understand updating and improving the controls but I was a big fan of the suspense the fixed cameras made. You enter a room and you can hear a licker but you can't see it..
Yeah. I loved pre-rendered backgrounds with fixed camera angles too. Don’t think we will ever see it again sadly.

Soldato
I played it on my brothers Dreamcast at the time. It was so great. It is certainly in my top 3-4 favourites. Not sure if 3rd or 4th now. Time to make a new list :o:p:D

1- Resident Evil 2
2- Resident Evil
3- Resident Evil: Code Veronica
4- Resident Evil 3
5- Resident Evil 0
6- Resident Evil 7
7- Resident Evil 4
8- Resident Evil 5
9- Resident Evil: Revelations
10- Resident Evil: Revelations 2
11- Resident Evil 6

Resident Evil 7 could have been higher, but the story is not as gripping or memorable for me. Do not care for Ethan or any of the cast. Was refreshing as hell playing it vs Resident Evil 6 though, but anything would be after that abomination.

A lot of people loved RE4 but to me it is where Resident Evil franchise took a wrong turn and started going down hill. Great game for the time, but it should have been used as a separate IP or something imo.

I rate revelations 2 quite highly in the series my list would be
1- Resident Evil 2
2- Resident Evil
3- Resident Evil 3
4- Resident Evil: Code Veronica
5- Resident Evil 7
6- Resident Evil 0
7- Resident Evil: Revelations 2
8- Resident Evil 4
9- Resident Evil 5
10- Resident Evil: Revelations
11- Resident Evil 6

Soldato
I though Revelations 2 was great too. I never did finish the first Revelations; I got a bug where a monster that was supposed to attack after I picked up a key didn't spawn and I couldn't progress. Enough time has passed now for me to start from scratch again I suppose - I'd hate for the same think to happen again though!

Back
Top Bottom