*** Resident Evil 2 Remake ***

Permabanned
It's the pre-rendered background and fixed camera for each room that I am referring to mainly. I can understand updating and improving the controls but I was a big fan of the suspense the fixed cameras made. You enter a room and you can hear a licker but you can't see it..

Yeah I get that, it was great, many times I can remember walking into a room and not being able to see what was there but hearing it. Scared the **** out of me lol.

Soldato
I do intend to. It bothers me as both a fan of horror games and the horror genre that I haven't yet. I do have the HD remaster of the original that I tried but was too much of a wuss to preservere with the limited save ink ribbons system. Following recent assurances that there should be plenty to save more frequently than I imagined, I intend to revisit it imminently...

You can pretty much save every time you find a new ribbon and a couple of times in between. They give you plenty and you will probably find you have a load left at the end. They also tend you give you ammo and ink ribbons before a boss, so you can save before it and then after defeating it. But they're scarce enough that it stops you from being able to save scum your way through, removing all the tension.

I wonder if this RE2 remake kept the ink ribbon saving system... This was such a great feature that increased the tension so much. Especially when you play through the first time and have no idea what is behind every door you open. Being able to quick save before opening every door will totally ruin the experience.

Soldato
I wonder if this RE2 remake kept the ink ribbon saving system... This was such a great feature that increased the tension so much. Especially when you play through the first time and have no idea what is behind every door you open. Being able to quick save before opening every door will totally ruin the experience.

There were definitely interactive typewriters in the videos shown. I can't see them being used for anything other than saving.

Permabanned
There were definitely interactive typewriters in the videos shown. I can't see them being used for anything other than saving.

Yep, looks that way.

Resident_Evil_2_Remake_Gameplay_E3_2018_-_You_Tube_-_Google_Chro.jpg

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I rate revelations 2 quite highly in the series my list would be
1- Resident Evil 2
2- Resident Evil
3- Resident Evil 3
4- Resident Evil: Code Veronica
5- Resident Evil 7
6- Resident Evil 0
7- Resident Evil: Revelations 2
8- Resident Evil 4
9- Resident Evil 5
10- Resident Evil: Revelations
11- Resident Evil 6

I need to replay that one. Only played it once. It was another one that did not feel like a Resident Evil game to me. Was not impressed by the story, I pretty much remember nothing about it. Oh and I absolutely hate the episodic crap. Will probably play Revelations 1 and 2 while waiting for RE2 Remake to come out. But I doubt my list would change much.

Yep, looks that way.

Resident_Evil_2_Remake_Gameplay_E3_2018_-_You_Tube_-_Google_Chro.jpg
Don’t know how I missed that. Nice, good to see them. But I doubt there will be ink ribbons, unless they have a separate mode for it which would be awesome. Would not be too hard for them to do, would make a lot of people happy if they had a separate mode for the game called classic mode that was more like the original.

We are probably in the minority that would prefer it again though.
Definitely. Younger audiences would probably not like it. But to me it is a big part of what makes Resident Evil, Resident Evil.

Soldato
Action games sell better than anything else now so it makes sense. I have a feeling a lot of the suspense and tension of playing it will be gone.
re2make I think looks very tense and suspenseful, especially with how the developers kept on saying that even one zombie can annihilate you 1 vs 1, and a horde is death.

Lighting and flashlight mechanic plus the zombies being able to follow you and break out of scenery... gameplay they showed makes me think I'll need to stock up on a few fresh briefs to swap into :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Just added a new video to OP with eurogamer playing it for 20 minutes for those interested.

I'm tempted to get a ps1 to give RE2 another playthrough. I'm not sure it'll look very good on my 40" 1080p tv though..
I play RE2 and CV on PC :D

I do in such a way I can save when I want and never need to use a ink ribbon if I do not want to ;)

re2make I think looks very tense and suspenseful, especially with how the developers kept on saying that even one zombie can annihilate you 1 vs 1, and a horde is death.

Lighting and flashlight mechanic plus the zombies being able to follow you and break out of scenery... gameplay they showed makes me think I'll need to stock up on a few fresh briefs to swap into :D

Link please, I must have missed that interview/video :)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Just read this on PC Gamer:

Some more interesting details:

Claire and Leon have separate campaigns this time around, instead of the simpler A and B scenarios of the original.

At one point the camera zooms in on the gruesome missing jaw of a dead police officer, and man, that is some gore. If you like gross levels of detail, you're in luck with this engine.

Some other cool touches: you'll be able to pull a knife out of a zombie's body after you killed them, if it's durable enough.

You'll find some supplies like boards you can use to block off windows.

You can shoot zombies in the legs to bring them down.

Some areas in downtown Raccoon City from the original game that you could only look at—guessing that means some buildings that were previously just facades—will now be explorable, and some characters will have more fleshed-out stories than they did before.

Nice! :D

I spent way too many hours lost in that ruddy police station, I bet I will spend many more looking at this
I never felt lost in RE2, but I hope this game is so much bigger that I do :D

Back
Top Bottom