Strange PSU related issues

Associate
A while ago I was using my PC and it completely froze, couldn't turn caps lock on indicating a very low lever issue. So I powered off the system and turned it back on, the system powered on briefly only to power off again. I disconnected the power thinking if the power could drain it might resolve the issue. When I turned the system back on it didn't turn on, it turned out that the breaker for the room had tripped, its worth nothing that nothing else significate was using the same circuit\set of sockets that tripped. After restoring the power the system booted. After this when powering on the system it seemed to take slightly longer before BIOS beeps when the system had been unplugged.

Yesterday I started having further issues, firstly the system took much longer before BIOS beeps when booting from not being unplugged, although I might have not noticed if it had been doing this for longer. In addition when I powered on my system my mouse wouldn't work properly, I could move the cursor but none of the buttons would work, I restarted the system and I got a no VGA detected series of BIOS beeps. After restarting it booted normally, although the mouse still wouldn't work. Changing the USB port and killing the Logitech software did seems to solve the problem. The same issue with the mouse happened again today when I powered on the system, the same solution fixed the problem. It has not occurred enough times to determine the root course of the problem.

Is it the PSU that is causing the issues, it seems unlikely that hardware failure would cause the breaker to trip.

The PSU is an AX 860.

Soldato
Indeed PC's component short circuiting couldn't directly affect AC because PSU's protections should trip before any circuit breaker of room.
Getting another PSU to try to boot PC would be first thing to do.

Associate
OP
Indeed PC's component short circuiting couldn't directly affect AC because PSU's protections should trip before any circuit breaker of room.
Getting another PSU to try to boot PC would be first thing to do.

The system does work, even though there are issues. I don't have another PSU to test it with, the PSU is still under warranty though.

Back
Top Bottom