*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
I know what you mean, I'll consider an improved port any time if I didn't play the original. Hurts a little paying full price however for a last gen game, made harder by the fact I still have a Wii U and MOST of the originals.

Soldato
I completely agree but Nintendo have always been good at making their core gameplay elements brilliant. For a long time now they haven't been anywhere near the competition graphically so gameplay had to compensate for that.

Hollow Knight is brilliant so far, Axiom Verge was great, Celeste was fantastic.

I'm not complaining so much about the overall catalogue of games on the Switch but more the output and effort of Nintendo themselves. Mario & Rabbids was brilliant and the DLC looks equally as good, DK:TF is a platforming masterpiece, Mario Odyssey is great, Splatoon 2 is the best fun I have had in ages in an online shooter. They have the ability and franchises to release so many quality games but they just seem to be so slow about it.

Its like saying well done to a kid who gets a B by coasting when they could easily get an A* with a bit of work. Not bad but under-performing massively.
It was Ubisoft that made Rabbids.

Man of Honour
I know what you mean, I'll consider an improved port any time if I didn't play the original. Hurts a little paying full price however for a last gen game, made harder by the fact I still have a Wii U and MOST of the originals.

What really takes the pee is the games costing more on Switch than they did when they launched on the WiiU!

Caporegime
Yeah not much interesting this time. Enjoy Doom, I don't think you've ever mentioned that you got it for free before.

No?

Well I've really wanted it for a while but got held off as I can get it for £8 on steam, which is annoying as I have nothing to run it. Anyway, friend of mine in the UK had it on the Switch and he was going to use it to trade in against something else. I asked him how much he wanted for it. He said "just have it" as a friendly gesture :)

Another friend is coming out next week to visit, he's bringing it with him. My plan is to play to completion, then when I go back in Sept I'll then pay it forward by giving it to the friend who is couriering it out, and he'll give it to his brother after, and so on etc. :)

Man of Honour
No?

Well I've really wanted it for a while but got held off as I can get it for £8 on steam, which is annoying as I have nothing to run it. Anyway, friend of mine in the UK had it on the Switch and he was going to use it to trade in against something else. I asked him how much he wanted for it. He said "just have it" as a friendly gesture :)

Another friend is coming out next week to visit, he's bringing it with him. My plan is to play to completion, then when I go back in Sept I'll then pay it forward by giving it to the friend who is couriering it out, and he'll give it to his brother after, and so on etc. :)

I was being sarcastic :p

Soldato
Oh my how good is Hollow Knight? Said I wasn't going too buy anything but I always cave. Games around £10 are like digital crack to me on the Switch. Been waiting for this one for a long time and I love everything about it.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Hollow knight puts pretty much every other Metroidvania to shame. Axiom verge was good until I played this. So much content, so well made, beautiful, amazing soundtrack. Ridiculous value for £11

Back
Top Bottom