Resident Evil 2 (REMake 2) PS4/XB1

Soldato
Are there any ways of playing the original RE2? I don't think I know where my original PS even is these days!

Ah through the powers of Google, I've just had a look and there seems to be a variety. Might have to see if I can pinch a Dreamcast copy as that's supposedly the best version graphically.

PS3 as a Download, or Vita/psp I would guess too for a more modern option

Associate
Made up this got announced, Resi 2 is classic. The announcement is up there with one of the stand out games at E3 this year for me.

I wonder if Resi 2 remake is successful enough they will do Nemesis?

Soldato
Meh, never really a huge fan of the over the shoulder gameplay, will probably pick it up during a sale at some point though. Nice for the fans to get a proper follow up to RE4 though, even if it is a remake of an earlier game :p.

Caporegime
I would've definitely preferred fixed camera but that gameplay looks fantastic.

Just hope it's more survival horror (RE2) than action (RE4) as that's what made the originals so great imo. Not that RE4 wasn't a great game as it was, but RE2 > RE4.

Soldato
I don't know how you've all missed this but the option is there - apparently, as I haven't seen confirmation on it - to either play with a fixed camera or over the shoulder. It's been mentioned in this thread a couple of times already. Personally, I prefer the RE4 approach so if it isn't there I won't be too bothered.

Caporegime
I don't know how you've all missed this but the option is there - apparently, as I haven't seen confirmation on it - to either play with a fixed camera or over the shoulder. It's been mentioned in this thread a couple of times already. Personally, I prefer the RE4 approach so if it isn't there I won't be too bothered.

Probably been missed because it's not there, they even confirm it in the gameplay commentary from the video above (See 1:30 onwards). It's OTS, no fixed camera.

Wonder if they will bring Tofu back. I need some 4K Tofu in my life.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/exclusive-tofu-back-resident-evil-2-3485594

:cool:

Soldato
Caporegime
Ah OK well that info was incorrect then. I've been fed LIES within this very thread! :)

I am OK with OTS and will be buying this for sure.

Yep, absolute lies :p

I was mainly concerned that if they went OTS it would become more 'action' like, but they say in the gameplay video that although they've moved away from fixed cameras they're keeping the survival horror gameplay. I'm cool with that.

Associate
Looks great, it will be a shame to miss out on this as I’ve only got a Switch these days. RE2 was one of my fav games back in the PS1 days, played it through several times.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
This is like a dream come true for me - can’t wait! The love for ‘tank controls’ and a static camera can only be legitimate for nostalgic reasons. Was a huge fan of the series before number 4 and that blew the rest right out of the water. Getting rid of irritating meh waves of enemies that came from 5 onwards is great.

Again, can’t wait!

Soldato
Been a long time since I played this. Is it the one where you start in amongst the cars and work your way to the mansion via the gun shop.

Back
Top Bottom