GERMANIUM

Associate
Did anyone get wifi with this system & if so which internal wifi option did they go for ? So hard to decide to get now or wait till the 11 series is coming out for price difference .. maybe I should just get a GTX 1070TI save some money until the 11 series comes out ?

Generally speaking, Ethernet cable is always better for better speeds and more stable connections .

Associate
I got Win10 on the USB pen drive. If you get the dvd I guess you either use an external drive (as default spec has no optical drive) or create your own windows usb boot / recovery stick etc.

Associate
True I totally agree but I am unable to get a cable into my room at current so wifi will have to do, I paid the £100 for windows 10 instead of downloading it off the website & finding the Key else where because I wanted the system up & running when it arrived so hopefully when it gets here il be able to plug it in & all Drivers / hard drives / SSDs the 32GB of ram etc will all be working ready to jump right in

Associate
True I totally agree but I am unable to get a cable into my room at current so wifi will have to do, I paid the £100 for windows 10 instead of downloading it off the website & finding the Key else where because I wanted the system up & running when it arrived so hopefully when it gets here il be able to plug it in & all Drivers / hard drives / SSDs the 32GB of ram etc will all be working ready to jump right in

Sounds great, personally in my opinion and there's arguments for and against ofc, I'd put for keeping ram to 16, I don't find that myself gaming find any difference that's worth the extra money, and opt for the best Wi-Fi you can afford it your stuck with Wi-Fi, I think and again ove always used Ethernet , but any Wi-Fi will do asking as your base internet speed from your provider and how far you are from the router isn't too far, maybe consider with the money you save getting a Wi-Fi extender?

Associate
My PC is wired direct to the router, but this is what I use for the PS4 and Xbox. Works really well and you can pick up a pair for £20 or so

Yep. I have a pair going over to my AV stand and then into a Netgear switch for wired connection to my TV, Sky Box, PS4, Bluray player etc. Then a 3rd homeplug upstairs in office again into a switch for wifes pc, printer, NAS etc.

Associate
Anyone got the Asus 1080Ti OC in theirs? Boosted clock is advertised as 1708mhz yet MSI Afterburner shows mine at 1949 when gaming (Base and Boost Clock settings are correct). Temps hit about 60c so not worried but wondering if this is accurate or a dodgy reading?

Soldato
Anyone got the Asus 1080Ti OC in theirs? Boosted clock is advertised as 1708mhz yet MSI Afterburner shows mine at 1949 when gaming (Base and Boost Clock settings are correct). Temps hit about 60c so not worried but wondering if this is accurate or a dodgy reading?

Yep I have (also similar set up to yours) I was using afterburner but switched to ASUS GPU Tweak which since using I prefer to afterburner (plus when you load a profile it flashes the RGB lights on the card) I seem to remember the boosted clock being similar to 1949ish I will check tomorrow and let you know.

Associate
Yep I have (also similar set up to yours) I was using afterburner but switched to ASUS GPU Tweak which since using I prefer to afterburner (plus when you load a profile it flashes the RGB lights on the card) I seem to remember the boosted clock being similar to 1949ish I will check tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks. Tbh I never really checked it before as was using nzxt camskill or whatever its called but the overlay was pap and seemed to cause performance issues.

Only reason I turned afterburner on was because I was playing pubg last night and seemed jerky and others in squad were ok.

Why would it be so high - some cards are better than others or ??

Soldato
Thanks. Tbh I never really checked it before as was using nzxt camskill or whatever its called but the overlay was pap and seemed to cause performance issues.

Only reason I turned afterburner on was because I was playing pubg last night and seemed jerky and others in squad were ok.

Why would it be so high - some cards are better than others or ??

OC mode in GPU Tweak sets 1708 but after running Haven, GPU tweak reports the card at 1987. (Haven in game shows 2025)

Associate
yo PMK this system is going to eat anything you throw at it for at least the next 3-5 years. new GPU / Mobos might show a slight increase but the germanium is a beast! not had one issue with mines, its soooo lovely :)

Associate
Hi Zeetroyman and other other Germanium customers

Can you say what uses you got the Germanium for. e.g. streaming, gaming, other etc

Would you or have changed anything from the standard spec ?

TIA.

Associate
I use mines mainly for gaming. Heatwave wise, im up in Jockland where weve been enjoying the glorious heat (taps aff for nearly 6 weeks!). Not put any airconn or fans next to the germanium and still crank out a good gaming sesh most nights and its ran sweet as a nut.

I changed the case, changed the Samsung 960 pci ssd for the 500gb evo ssd (as ive got another 3 of them and it dropped the cost a little). All I needed to do was connect the other 3 Samsung ssds when the system arrived and that took all of 2 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom