• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia - Anti-Competitive, Anti-Consumer, Anti-Technology

Soldato
I had a Hercules! I lived through all this, so nothing I didn't know, but it's nice to not have bad actors bury their past when they are still pulling the same shenanigans.

Associate
Should've posted, that this is adored tv. I regret even clicking on that link. Don't want to give a person without any ethics, which is willing to use blackmail for a bit of internet fame, a click.

Caporegime
Should've posted, that this is adored tv. I regret even clicking on that link. Don't want to give a person without any ethics, which is willing to use blackmail for a bit of internet fame, a click.

Could tell just from the ridiculous title

Soldato
I do wonder when Intel releases a gaming graphics card,what will happen,since Intel has even screwed Nvidia over!!

To be honest i would love to see Intel dishing out some of what Nvidia has done to get where they are to Nvidia themselves. It most likely won't happen and i won't be to bothered if Intel fail as they are a pretty nasty out fit themselves.

While Nvidia do make great hardware they have played a very dirty game to get to where they are now.

The above may or may not be true but until the competition can come up with some cutting edge GPUs, NVidia may be bad but are still better than the rest.

You miss the point, companies like AMD/Ati and others have made great hardware but Nvidia have been able to warp things over the years when they were not superior to make it look like they were, they managed to do this with some very underhanded antics. In the process they have just about killed all the competition to where they are not cash rich enough to compete. As i said above they have also brought out some really good hardware at the same time but have not always had hardware superiority.

Soldato
In before the 'I don't really care but' then slate/back up Adored/Nvidia.;)

Nothing we didn't really know, horrible company which we already knew, raping the gamer which we already knew, but what you gonna do when they own the GPU market and want the fastest card. Business 101 is all.

Near enough except I'd swap horrible for ruthless, if they were downright horrible they wouldn't give charities cash/community work.

a person without any ethics, which is willing to use blackmail

Sounds like a multi millionaire called Jensen:p

Haters gonna hate.

Apologetic's gonna defend.

The rest don't care a jot.

Last edited:
Associate
Ugh. What a dumb title.

NVidia are pushing compute targeted silicon harder than anyone. They are constantly one of the first companies to use a new node, producing absolutely huge transistor counts, keeping up with the likes of Intel, Altera, Xilinx, etc who make huge SoC/FPGAs. They're absolutely pushing technology. Anyone who says otherwise needs to work in the semiconductor industry (like I do) and wise up.

They might not have a focus on gaming products, but why would they when the market is not demanding it. I'm also not a fan of true anti-competitive practices, but it's hard to make a claim NVidia are doing anything illegal.

If you don't like their products, practices, the EULA, the prices, etc. then don't buy them. Pretty easy really.

Soldato
Anti competitive is just from purley not having much to worry about in the GPU market. Every so often AMD compete with them in the mid range offering decent performing cards at affordable prices. But high end and enthusiast is usually a struggle for AMD and it's where nvidia are taking it easy. End of the day nvidia are about making money so if they can sit back a bit and milk what's already making them money without having to rush something else out to make sure they keep their reign then ofc they will. I do get sick of people blaming AMD for no competition but pertend if AMD stopped making GPUs all together then what? Would we get advancements still?

Anti consumer is just them trying to create a ecosystem where they make sure they keep control of thier market through certain things which people call black box software which nvidia offer game developers in order to save time developing games which obviously is more optimised to their own hardware. Yes it's damaging to the gaming world but nvidia are a business and are out to make money. AMD are struggling and nvidia are taking advantage of that situation. AMD having actually being quite surprising in their strategies which have kept them in the game tbh, you got to give them that.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Until we all need GPUs like we did telephones in the 1980s, and nvidia steps up to the level of monopolisation BT did, I will continue giving them money for their premium goods. I will mildly grumble at the rising costs, but I won't hate them for a lifetime unlike the aforementioned ethical disgrace of a company.

Soldato
I don’t understand the hate for AdoredTV; I enjoy his videos and I mostly agree with the one above, even though it’s a little sensationalist.

I can’t see why anyone would say Nvidia aren’t ruthless and spiteful though. They’re also happy to hinder the growth of new technologies if their current architecture doesn’t suit, even if they do bring plenty of new (proprietary) tech to the market.

We’re in a position now where if you want the best gpu performance, you have to buy Nvidia, I loathe their practices, and whilst I accept that AMD are no angels, I would prefer to buy AMD. The problem is I want next gen ti performance, and I won’t be able to get that with the Red team.

Does make you wonder why some of the fan boys here have such a hardon for their chosen team though ;)

Soldato
A sizeable part of this focuses on NVIDIA complaining about what competitors did and then later doing it themselves, i.e. hypocrites. But people ending up being hypocrites is not particularly surprising in any human endeavour.

IMO it's GimpWorks being integrated into games that is the most distasteful thing. Besides paid shills on forums, of course!

Soldato
Spends billions in R&D making clever decisions and advancements = anti competitive and anti technology...? Haters gonna hate.

If you ignore their history and dirty tricks. Advancements? Dodgy tricks with drivers and benchmarks is hardly clever, underhand maybe. Success by trying to kill off your competitors with sharp practice isn't success in my book and I own a 1070.

Nvidia with no competition will not be good for either of us. We're already paying hundreds of pounds more than we should.

I hate to say it but bring on Intel. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, at least for now. The real enemy though is monopoly, our true friend, as consumers, is competition.

Associate
I don’t understand the hate for AdoredTV; I enjoy his videos and I mostly agree with the one above, even though it’s a little sensationalist.

For me 2 Reasons. 1st, his Vids are about as accurate as reading the Sun. I don't have the knowleadge in many topics, but it makes no sense for me watching his vids and thinking he might tell the truth, then afterwards reading at beyond3d or other forums with devs onboard, that half the stuff he told was wrong. But serously i don't care so much about this. The 2nd reason is more important, his behaviour relating to Ryan Shrout. He posted a vid, his fanboyarmy made a *********, which was ok. But he still didn't do anything against it and gave Ryan an ultimatum, after Ryans adress was posted and his family threatened, because he might lose a few clicks. I can't take anyone seriously for whom a few clicks are more important than the safety of someones family.

Soldato
For me 2 Reasons. 1st, his Vids are about as accurate as reading the Sun. I don't have the knowleadge in many topics, but it makes no sense for me watching his vids and thinking he might tell the truth, then afterwards reading at beyond3d or other forums with devs onboard, that half the stuff he told was wrong. But serously i don't care so much about this. The 2nd reason is more important, his behaviour relating to Ryan Shrout. He posted a vid, his fanboyarmy made a *********, which was ok. But he still didn't do anything against it and gave Ryan an ultimatum, after Ryans adress was posted and his family threatened, because he might lose a few clicks. I can't take anyone seriously for whom a few clicks are more important than the safety of someones family.

After watching the whole video it all looked a retelling of what had previously been reported by many sources. I don't like any company that engages in dodgy practices and if AMD pull the same tricks I'd call them out too.

Sadly some companies have a religious following like Apple. I don't get it, even when being bent over people just ask for more! You know it's madness when £800 is considered by some to be a reasonable price for a GPU.

Back
Top Bottom