The Division 2 - March 2019

Soldato
I fired up the PC version last night, got a few caches which have some sets in them, Firecrest, FDTN or something? and a 3rd one that i cant remember, i was wearing Alphabridge and using 2 AR's, but im guessing that model of play is dated now?

Whats the go to set to use to relearn the game? i tried a WT5 Underground on Hard and got most of the way through it but died due to getting a bit too cocky lol, my gear score is only like 268 though, im wondering if i should just wear one of the new sets and pick a diff set of weapons.

Is that Firecrest stuff useful now with Flame Turrent? id think it would lend itself more to a shotgun + longer range weapon? as enemies need to be near your turret right to get the full effect?

Caporegime
I fired up the PC version last night, got a few caches which have some sets in them, Firecrest, FDTN or something? and a 3rd one that i cant remember, i was wearing Alphabridge and using 2 AR's, but im guessing that model of play is dated now?

Whats the go to set to use to relearn the game? i tried a WT5 Underground on Hard and got most of the way through it but died due to getting a bit too cocky lol, my gear score is only like 268 though, im wondering if i should just wear one of the new sets and pick a diff set of weapons.

Is that Firecrest stuff useful now with Flame Turrent? id think it would lend itself more to a shotgun + longer range weapon? as enemies need to be near your turret right to get the full effect?
Firecrest is my favourite set! The flame turret has a decent range but needs to be positioned well. Bosses will simply walk over to it and kick it to destroy it so put it somewhere they can't do that if you can or make it so they at least need to climb up and get distracted. Urban MDR is good with Firecrest because it does extra damage to enemies with status effects.

Soldato
Did you mean FTDN as D3 FNC

Yeah thats the one, you get 3 full sets as of yesterday, Firecrest, D3 FNC and another, might be Strikers? not sure.

Firecrest is my favourite set! The flame turret has a decent range but needs to be positioned well. Bosses will simply walk over to it and kick it to destroy it so put it somewhere they can't do that if you can or make it so they at least need to climb up and get distracted. Urban MDR is good with Firecrest because it does extra damage to enemies with status effects.

Thanks for the tips :) i was reading and a lot of people are saying Strikers + The House is a good set, or Nomads + House? i quite fancy trying out a Shotgun build, any recommendations for Set + weapons? Firecrest seems it could work well with it.

Caporegime
Why are you not using Windows 10 anyway? there is nothing wrong with it, it's a fine operating system. Never looked back since getting it.

Im not using it either, im mainly a gamer, and its not like Dx12 games are in abundance is it ?, its just got too many problems imo, all you read is, this updates failed, that ones failed, im stuck in a boot loop, its done this, that, its updated me drivers yet again, got to go back to a previous build, this ones a no go, im having to re-install the whole thing, as its hosed my rig yet again! etc... etc..., **** that, theres no way in hell i could put up with that every week, i don't know how anyone can tbh.

Caporegime
Im not using it either, im mainly a gamer, and its not like Dx12 games are in abundance is it ?, its just got too many problems imo, all you read is, this updates failed, that ones failed, im stuck in a boot loop, its done this, that, its updated me drivers yet again, got to go back to a previous build, this ones a no go, im having to re-install the whole thing, as its hosed my rig yet again! etc... etc..., **** that, theres no way in hell i could put up with that every week, i don't know how anyone can tbh.

I've had zero problems since my clean install. If you looked you could easily find many people with the same issues with windows 7.

Man of Honour
I've been playing for a while now with Win10 and not had any issues, in fact since discovering the little known Win10 Gaming Mode many of my games have increased in performance (after I've toggled Gaming Mode once within each game). I've not noticed any more issues with Win10 than any other past version of Windows I've had, I think for some people (not all) there is always just a dislike of whatever the new version of Windows is, I remember the same dislike each time a new version came out.

Soldato
Didnt really play The Division but might try it now its cheap, will also keep an eye on this. :)

1 question, are these games playable solo or is grouping a necessity?

*Cant agree that W7 looks better but the updates are exceptionally annoying.

99% of the game solo. There are 4 man multi stage operations that you cannot do alone.

Permabanned
Largely due to Windows update behaviour which is completely broken for my use - I simply have way too many things going on that absolutely can't co-exist with the OS being able to executively reboot whenever it feels like it and/or the disruption from CPU and disc IO it will randomly use when prepping for the next update, etc.

I also find it ugly as **** - I often have Windows 10 up on one monitor (as unfortunately some of my newer systems are only supported on 10 by drivers) and 7 on my main monitor and 10 rapidly become an eyesore while 7 is far more aesthetically pleasing and so less fatiguing.

While less game breaking I also dislike how many features in 10 fall far short of their potential often help back by silly reasons for instance the new start menu could be a really great improvement over the traditional one in 7, etc. but where is the group management? where is the ability to properly customise tiles? where is the ability to scale it dynamically anywhere between a really simple menu and a more complex system? (as required depending on the device you are using and tasks you are doing, etc.).

I also don't find 10 as reliable as 7 for many things - my 10 installs will randomly get periods of stuttering or explorer suddenly deciding it isn't playing ball either until I reboot or sometimes until I reinstall or the start menu will randomly decide to stop responding, etc. it doesn't happen all the time and/or on every system but occurs far more often than it should.

I don't have any of these issues, Windows 10 has been flawless. I think it looks sleek as well. It's ok you stay on the dinosaur that is Windows 7 ;)

Caporegime
Seen some more footage of this and somewhat looking forward to it more now, mainly more just for the setting again.

I love apocalyptic settings, especially in cities :cool:

Hopefully the final release will be like division 1 first e3 footage.

Man of Honour
I don't have any of these issues, Windows 10 has been flawless. I think it looks sleek as well. It's ok you stay on the dinosaur that is Windows 7 ;)

LOL.

Within last 24 hours even my Windows 10 tablet got stuck in a loop updating a signature for the anti-malware service after an update (had to figure out how to manually force it to re-apply the update to stop it chewing lots of CPU and RAM constantly) and then randomly re-added the US language :(

Permabanned
LOL.

Within last 24 hours even my Windows 10 tablet got stuck in a loop updating a signature for the anti-malware service after an update (had to figure out how to manually force it to re-apply the update to stop it chewing lots of CPU and RAM constantly) and then randomly re-added the US language :(

You must be unlucky, I honestly do not recall a time I had an issue with Win 10. A format and fresh install of the latest build runs perfectly.

Man of Honour
You must be unlucky, I honestly do not recall a time I had an issue with Win 10. A format and fresh install of the latest build runs perfectly.

I wish it was just me - the official Windows 10 forum discussion group has loads of people complaining of similar issues - 1803 seems to have opened the flood gates despite MS claiming higher customer satisfaction.

Regular wipe and reinstall shouldn't be a requirement of keeping an OS running properly.

Soldato
TBH I see his point, whilst i love Windows 10 when it works, i ******* hate its update, i have had many issues and have had to **** about to get updates to either install or resort to doing it all over again. Yet on windows 7 i have no issues ever updating. (I avoided 8 and 8.1 due to it being a big sack of **** and hated using it at my old job)

Soldato

Can you please jump on our discord and tell the members on win 10 how to use correctly please. including @harry5522

I get fed up of hearing " update has broken it again", "it's lost all my settings...", " need to reinstall " :p

LOL.

Am with you Rroff on this one, Use what you are happy with.

Man of Honour

I used Firecrest quite a bit but lately I've gone full hybrid skill and relying on Barrett's vest too much with Tactican to work 2x firecrest bits in - still looking at builds that can work in both approaches heh.

I must be literally the only person that has never had an issue with w10 worthy of flattening on any of my builds.

Spoilered it to minimise spamming the thread with a tangent to the topic:

As far as issues like bugs, etc. go I find it quite odd - I used to have (most are now back on 7 or on Ubuntu) several systems running Windows 10 as well as 2x tablets (unfortunately don't support anything older or I'd stick em back on 7 or even 8) and 2x virtual machines and about 50% ran fine and 50% were just a nightmare of issues. One aspect probably is that running quite a few systems can turn what might be a minor irritation for someone running one PC into a much more frequently encountered pain in the neck.

My biggest problem with 10 though is the forced update behaviour which is fully incompatible with my usage and quite obnoxious - I bet MS developers don't have it setup like that on their production systems :s and that personally I find it an eyesore with little in the way of built in mitigation and with the frequent updates I don't like using 3rd party shell hacks as there is a far higher chance of an update causing compatibility issues.

EDIT: I mean I'm happy for those that have a problem free experience with the OS and/or the way it works doesn't disrupt their usage but they are in denial if they think Windows 10 is a problem free OS, etc. take a gander down here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10?tab=Threads (select discussions) especially after the 1803 update page after page of complaints and problems many of them which could be simply mitigated by putting back in some of the manual control from OSes like 7 and 8. At this point the developers can only be either completely up their own rears or intentionally being obnoxious/vindictive and neither option is good.

I just have to quote this post LOL

Niels said:
It's not that bad, the updates are only 500.000 GB each and only take about 3 days to install. A killer feature is that when windows has reinstalled the updates are installed, Windows will ask you these empathic questions, which you have probably answered many times before, but they are really empathic. I will ask them here once more:

1. Can we use your location?
  2. Can we send diagnostic data?
  3. Would you like to improve our ink stuff because nobody really uses it?
  4. Would you like to improve our bank account?
  5. May we let apps use an advertising ID?
  6. What color of underwear are you wearing this week?
And how thoughtful of MS to immediately startup Edge after installation is complete, everybody uses Edge. Firefox, Chrome? Never heard of it.

Another super hip feature everybody is anxiously waiting for after a Windows update finished: Automatic Restart, or even two or three restarts. Such an awesome feature!

But the best feature by far: Windows-updating-surprise! This is perfect for those thrillseekers who like living on the edge: Just do a bunch of work without saving it and walk away, or postpone updates right before a presentation. Base jumping is so boring...

So I don't see any reason why you are complaining about this goodness, I am really looking forward to the next countdown.

Last edited:
Soldato
Spoilered it to minimise spamming the thread with a tangent to the topic:

As far as issues like bugs, etc. go I find it quite odd - I used to have (most are now back on 7 or on Ubuntu) several systems running Windows 10 as well as 2x tablets (unfortunately don't support anything older or I'd stick em back on 7 or even 8) and 2x virtual machines and about 50% ran fine and 50% were just a nightmare of issues. One aspect probably is that running quite a few systems can turn what might be a minor irritation for someone running one PC into a much more frequently encountered pain in the neck.

My biggest problem with 10 though is the forced update behaviour which is fully incompatible with my usage and quite obnoxious - I bet MS developers don't have it setup like that on their production systems :s and that personally I find it an eyesore with little in the way of built in mitigation and with the frequent updates I don't like using 3rd party shell hacks as there is a far higher chance of an update causing compatibility issues.

EDIT: I mean I'm happy for those that have a problem free experience with the OS and/or the way it works doesn't disrupt their usage but they are in denial if they think Windows 10 is a problem free OS, etc. take a gander down here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10?tab=Threads (select discussions) especially after the 1803 update page after page of complaints and problems many of them which could be simply mitigated by putting back in some of the manual control from OSes like 7 and 8. At this point the developers can only be either completely up their own rears or intentionally being obnoxious/vindictive and neither option is good.

I just have to quote this post LOL
No denial here, all os can be a pain.

Final words, as you say it's not really the correct thread..

For what it's worth I don't just have a single 10 build. I've deployed countless 10 builds for enterprise.

The only issue worthy of note for me is the recent rdp security patch.

Associate
Cant wait for Div2, I loved leveling to 30 on Div1 and then working on the new gear that came out every couple of months. SO much fun.

Win10: No issues. Installed it on countless systems, I work in an office with 50+ Win10 installations, no issues. In terms of issues/windows update problems etc, it's exactly the same as Win7 for me, issues are few and far between. Absolutely no reason not to upgrade (unless you're using some old software that still is designed to only work on win7).

Back
Top Bottom