Any Hotel/Beach resort building/management types games out there?

Soldato
Greetings.

I am looking for a game like the title suggests. A game where you build hotels, rooms, restaurants, paths, pools, etc with management sim thrown in.

Anything out there or am I clutching at straws?

Soldato
It won't be quite what you're looking for (but then I'm at a loss to suggest anything else), but the closest I've seen to this in my gaming experience is the Tropico series (I've only played 3, 4 and 5, so can't speak for the first two).

These games are city-builder/management sims based on taking control of a tropical Caribbean island, so they're not focused on hotels or resorts per se, BUT, once you've got a basic economy going you can pursue the strategy of starting to build up a tourist industry on your island.

You can build various types of hotels and villas, restaurants, and tourist attractions. You also need to manage roads, traffic, power distribution, environmental conditions including pollution and scenery/beauty, air and sea port connections and so on. You'll need to oversee the tourist industry workers and working conditions, housing for workers, etc.

You can play the whole game without ever building a single hotel, but if you want to you can focus almost entirely on building an economy based on tourism.

These are really fun games in any case, and I always had fun with the tourist side of things in them.

Soldato
OP
Cheers for the ideas. I already have Tropico somethingortheother in my steam library but not quite what I am after. Maybe I am looking for something like the Sims crossed with Planet coaster. Design and build rooms, facilities and add them to bigger hotel type buildings and landscape the grounds, pool etc and beach like you can in Planet coaster. I'll have to keep my eye open for something or make do with just designing very small hotels in the sims.

Man of Honour
There are loads of sim games on Steam, try a search if you haven't already.. I'd be surprised if there isn't something like that on there. Or if that fails.. Prison Architect? :p

Soldato
Absolutely loved Beach Life back in the day, used to play it to death.

Great when you increased the strength of the beer and they'd be fighting and fornicating all over the place.

Back
Top Bottom