Show Us Your Motors!

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Aoob.jpg

Somewhere in the woods.
But does it have a turbo and a LSD?

Soldato
Torsen LSD came in 1.8 and 2.0, correct?

No 2.0 on a MK1/na mx5. 1.6 and 1.8

This is 1.8 and many came without, this being a Japanese import an an "s special" limited edition it came with a few nice extras from the factory.

Extra bracing, lsd, bilstein suspension, lightweight wheels etc.

Other mx5s did come with lsds but not all as good as another, from my understanding torsen is the one to have.

Soldato
You getting it done by the guys in Portsmouth or going down the cheap/ebay route? :D

I was looking at g19 engineering in Ipswich, would be around £3k all in with uprated clutch.

Basically drive in, drive out turbo, would be done properly too.

They say 240-250hp but I guess it depends on how healthy the engine is, mine is under 100k miles and runs well so I have good hopes for it.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I was looking at g19 engineering in Ipswich, would be around £3k all in with uprated clutch.

Basically drive in, drive out turbo, would be done properly too.

They say 240-250hp but I guess it depends on how healthy the engine is, mine is under 100k miles and runs well so I have good hopes for it.
How much did you get the MX5 for and how's the insurance? I can get a 3.0l BMW for £800 yet MX5 is £3k...

Soldato
How much did you get the MX5 for and how's the insurance? I can get a 3.0l BMW for £800 yet MX5 is £3k...

I paid 2k for it back in November :) insurance is actually reasonable for the fully comp policy and mods declared, just over £500/year.

Will need to look at insurance companies that actually pay out for mods in case of write off. Right now with admiral.

Going to look into Adrian flux, greenline, sky etc..

Back
Top Bottom