Help with new lense for Nikon D3300

Associate
Hi Folks,

I’m after some sage advice. The other year I bought my other half a Nikon D3300 for her birthday, we do a lot of walking with the dog and she loves taking pictures as we go - mainly of flowers, animals and backdrops.

Sometimes she struggles to get zoomed in enough to take the picture she wants, can you guys suggest a good lense to accommodate this? The current one she has is the 18 - 55mm vr one which came with the camera.

My budget is around £250 for this, which having looked about I can see may be a bit tight.

I have seen some reasonably priced Tamron lenses, can anybody comment on these?

Thanks in advance!

Soldato
Probably want to consider something like this. Just make sure it's compatible with the D3300 (check the Nikon website).

Edit:- It is compatible according to their website, but they advise:-
When using it with a D5, D750, D610, D600, D5500, D5300, or D3300, be sure the camera firmware has been updated to the latest version.
So you'll need to update the firmware.

Edit 2:- Might want to look at this as well.

Last edited:
Caporegime
That Nikon 75-300 lens isn’t bad at all. Friend of mine owns one who has little money for camera gear and I am very impressed with the quality of the pictures from it bearing in mind I am comparing them to my lens and camera which cost almost ten times as much.

Associate
To add, I’ve just upgraded my Nikon 18-55 and 55-200 to a sigma 18-300 contemporary, second hand from LCE in excellent condition for £269. I am more than happy with the results so far.

Associate
OP
Hi chaps, thank you very much for all of your help!

I ended up going for the second lense that I know nothing suggested, it’s cost effective and should compliment her existing lens well.

I really appreciate the input!

Back
Top Bottom