I got me 3D printer, awesome!

Associate
Thinking of putting my CR10S up for sale - it's been superb for what I needed it for, but am now thinking a small CNC mill will be better suited as wanting parts made out of wood and aluminium.

Anyone else moved to a cnc mill - any good makes out there?

Matt

Having just started working for a company in the UK that sells CNC's I will be getting one very soon but I'll be keeping my 3D printer.

J.

Soldato
Thinking of putting my CR10S up for sale - it's been superb for what I needed it for, but am now thinking a small CNC mill will be better suited as wanting parts made out of wood and aluminium.

Anyone else moved to a cnc mill - any good makes out there?

Matt

If you have the cash, then get this https://zmorph3d.com/products/toolheads
3D printer\Miller\Laser and 3D print Food :)

Last edited:
Associate
But he already has a CR10S? And he doesn't say if he wants a laser, dual extruder or paste extruder.

It is not cheap at £3K+, plus the fact that a dedicated CNC will out preform that printer CNC any day.

Soldato
New video is out on my YouTube channel, multiple tool heads on a single machine.

Just watched all of it. Have a internet pat on the back. Awesome work dude.

I'm trying to buy the Astrobox touch img for my Raspberry pi+ and rasp screen. Not had a answer in 5 days :(

Just heard back from Astrobox and it costs £36. Not bad. @bulb66 has it got it's own slicer?

Last edited:
Associate
Just watched all of it. Have a internet pat on the back. Awesome work dude.

I'm trying to buy the Astrobox touch img for my Raspberry pi+ and rasp screen. Not had a answer in 5 days :(

Just heard back from Astrobox and it costs £36. Not bad. @bulb66 has it got it's own slicer?

@deuse Yes it does have it's own slicer, I think I've use it once, lol. But being a S3D owner I use that for all my slicing.

Associate
To be honest, with the current version of cura there isn't much between them. Simplify3d hasn't had a good update for a while now.

Having said that, I like the UI of s3d and although I haven't used cura that much I believe the depth of settings in s3d allows for better control of the quality of prints.

J

Soldato
Set a print of before bed last night, got up about three for a drink of water to find filament uncoiled all over the table:eek:

The Bowden tube had come out of the clamp thing.

This happen to anyone?

Soldato
After a 3d printer, I'm a total beginner and don't want to go higher than around £200 - any reason why I shouldn't go for an Ender 3?
There’s a little bit of building required and the instructions aren’t perfect. As long as you’re not completely useless you should be fine.
I just used this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGWiatfAHNI&t=0s&list=WL&index=38 on my iPad whilst building.

-
Looking to build a Lack enclosure so can do some ABS builds. PSU is easy enough to move externally and construction seems cheap and easy enough.

Back
Top Bottom