Resident Evil 2 (REMake 2) PS4/XB1

Soldato
looks amazing but I hate this behind your head view, why change that. The old CCTV camera view of the old few games were
amazing so much more atmospheric.

remember getting up early Saturday morning like 5 am playing resident evil on the dreamcast and playstation way back, good old days.

Associate
I can't believe that after 20 years two of the games I'm most looking forward to are still Resi2 and FF7! (Oh and Tomb raider)

Is that a massive lack of imagination on my part?? :p

Vid relevant:

Last edited:
Soldato
This is like a dream come true for me - can’t wait! The love for ‘tank controls’ and a static camera can only be legitimate for nostalgic reasons. Was a huge fan of the series before number 4 and that blew the rest right out of the water. Getting rid of irritating meh waves of enemies that came from 5 onwards is great.

Again, can’t wait!
As far as I'm concerned 4-7 aren't from the same series as 1-CV, they're just far too different. Not saying they're bad games but they're just another decent, albeit spooky, shooter in my opinion. I also feel the complete lack of HUD is severely under appreciated in the originals too, the arrows on interactable objects, crosshairs and ammo counters really bother me for some reason.

Soldato
RE2 is my favourite game of all time. I wanted fixed cameras at first but after watching the trailers and game play footage I'm glad they went this route.

Looks incredible tbh.

Caporegime
OP
As far as I'm concerned 4-7 aren't from the same series as 1-CV, they're just far too different. Not saying they're bad games but they're just another decent, albeit spooky, shooter in my opinion. I also feel the complete lack of HUD is severely under appreciated in the originals too, the arrows on interactable objects, crosshairs and ammo counters really bother me for some reason.

If it’s anything like RE7 you will be able to turn those interaction prompts and other stuff off

Man of Honour
Don't like the RE4 style view. As mentioned earlier, I don't really consider 4 a Resident Evil game, it was a fantastic game, but other than characters, just felt too different both in the enemies and the story.

I get that they can't do a fixed camera view any more, but I just do not like the over the shoulder view, possibly because it just makes me think they are going to go the way of RE4 again, where the combat wasn't that enjoyable

Soldato
Anyone know if there will be a special edition or collectors edition or UBER edition of this game all i see is standard and deluxe digital editions.
there must be a £100 edition LOL i demand it :D hope there is cause for nostalgia i must get.

Soldato
This is shaping up to be everything I wanted the remake to be. (A little bit gory though, but it is horror after all)

I got the original shortly after release for my birthday. I remember going to town in the car and sitting patiently while my dad nipped into the game store to grab it. Me and my best friend played it all day. :D

Associate
Looking forward to this. Gutted it doesn't have the option for fixed camera like the gamecube RE1 remake but ill take it it looks nice. I enjoyed RE1 and RE2. 3 for me was a lesser copycat of RE2 with a nice twist. Never got the chance to fully play CV so i would love a remake of that.

Played RE4 and didn't enjoy it, it felt like a spinoff game that has Leon in it, no zombies was a nono for me as i didn't like the parasite enemies, and the fact that i didn't have to worry for ammo didn't make it feel as survival horror. In contrast i remember a friend had in Saturn his RE1 save just before the Tyrant, with just 3 magnum rounds and life status "danger" with no other items and he couldn't finish it, so he brought it to my home and i managed to finish it for him :D haha pro gamer.

Same with Resi 5 felt like RE4, and so i liked RE6 a lot more than 4 and 5 (probably because i played it with my gf proper coop mode + zombies!). Still need to play 7 but didn't so far because the idea of first person didn't feel the same way i guess.

Anywho this will be day one buy for me.

Associate
All over this! I’ve only ever played RE7 biohazard. Never had PS before this gen. my fav genre is horror so this looks spectacular!

Back
Top Bottom