**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

maj

maj

Soldato
Someone posted this link on the Xiaomi forum to download ROMs. Can someone try downloading the latest developer ROM for the Mi 5 please? I've extracted the contents but Mi Flash utility is looking for a .bat file that doesn't seem to exist. It's been so long since I had an official ROM on my phone that I might be doing something wrong or maybe that isn't the right ROM file.

maj

maj

Soldato
The link does not work maj.

Sorry that link only works on mobile devices, or mobile view.

I think I've been doing it the wrong way. To use Mi Flash Tool I believe I need a fast boot rom? Which this zip file doesn't seem to be. I think all I need to do, to essentially factory reset my phone back to MIUI, is flash the zip file using TWRP. I'll try it when I get home from work.

Soldato
You do need a fastboot rom to use Mi flash mate, if you manage to download one, you have to extract the zip file to itself. As you say you should be able to flash the zip via TWRP.

Associate
Tempted to get this too whats del time like?
Mine arrived in 5 days via UPS but on the website, it says 6-8 working days.

Someone posted this link on the Xiaomi forum to download ROMs. Can someone try downloading the latest developer ROM for the Mi 5 please? I've extracted the contents but Mi Flash utility is looking for a .bat file that doesn't seem to exist. It's been so long since I had an official ROM on my phone that I might be doing something wrong or maybe that isn't the right ROM file.
The ROM you downloaded is for recovery, download the fastboot ROM via this link.

Man of Honour
Hello my fellow thrifty brethren. My other half's Redmi 3 Pro has finally bitten the dust via a faulty charge port. I would repair it myself but I'm not at home to do so for a few weeks. Is there a stand out best buy between £100-160? I've been looking at the Mi A1/5X as they're in the right price:performance bracket however the battery being a whole quarter less is a bit of a killer. She tends to forget to charge her phone so that big 4100mah battery was a life saver. I've also seen the note 5 pro is out, however I think that might just be a little too big and the crazy camera bump is a little off putting.

:edit: I've seen that there's a lot of love for Honor and Motorola in this bracket, however all the ones I can see are 3000mah or less. Also, what is up with budget phone naming conventions?!

Associate
Hello my fellow thrifty brethren. My other half's Redmi 3 Pro has finally bitten the dust via a faulty charge port. I would repair it myself but I'm not at home to do so for a few weeks. Is there a stand out best buy between £100-160? I've been looking at the Mi A1/5X as they're in the right price:performance bracket however the battery being a whole quarter less is a bit of a killer. She tends to forget to charge her phone so that big 4100mah battery was a life saver. I've also seen the note 5 pro is out, however I think that might just be a little too big and the crazy camera bump is a little off putting.

:edit: I've seen that there's a lot of love for Honor and Motorola in this bracket, however all the ones I can see are 3000mah or less. Also, what is up with budget phone naming conventions?!

Just got back from holiday using my Xiaomi Redmi Note 5. I still think it's amazing. Most phones are massive now anyway.

Man of Honour
Just got back from holiday using my Xiaomi Redmi Note 5. I still think it's amazing. Most phones are massive now anyway.
Yeah I think I've been looking at the Note 5 reviews through the lens of replacing my current Note 4, which wouldn't be too much of an upgrade, as opposed to the actual scenario in mind where it would be replacing a Redmi 3 Pro. When I think about it that way, it makes a lot more sense.

Associate

The Redmi 4X is the same size as the Redmi 3 Pro with 4100mAh battery.

Caporegime
I have the Redmi note 5 Pro - took like 10 days to arrive. not like the 5 or so quoted on here.

the naming of their phones is awful. i almost bought a much lower specced phone.

Make sure it's the one with the camera on the left side going down rather than at the top going across.

best phone for the money. can't fault it.

much better than the honor 9 lite which is the same money

maj

maj

Soldato
I'm 99% sure I'll be getting the Note 5/Pro when I next get paid. Just wish they had put usb-c instead of micro usb. Just seems a step backwards.

Associate
I have the Redmi note 5 Pro - took like 10 days to arrive. not like the 5 or so quoted on here.

the naming of their phones is awful. i almost bought a much lower specced phone.

Make sure it's the one with the camera on the left side going down rather than at the top going across.

best phone for the money. can't fault it.

much better than the honor 9 lite which is the same money

Is it definitely the pro you have? (6gb ram)

I've been looking at the Pro but there doesn't seem to be a global version (I.e. Channels, not the global rom.)

Soldato
I also bought a note 5 Pro recently but I got it from a UK seller on ebay.
Very impressed with it for the price

Not sure I like miui though, I may stick a different rom on it yet. Would much prefer stock android.

Associate
I also bought a note 5 Pro recently but I got it from a UK seller on ebay.
Very impressed with it for the price

Not sure I like miui though, I may stick a different rom on it yet. Would much prefer stock android.

Where did you get the Pro from, please? I'm looking around but can only find the normal note 5 (4gb ram, 64gb storage) in the global version. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom