What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Was in a garage having a MOT once and mechanic had a Renault Scenic up on ramp changing steering rack - Next time I saw him asked if it stopped the knocking - No - turned out to be lose sub frame bolts - Did you put the old rack back on ????-They diagnosed it -- guess the answer ?

Another job off my list - changed front drop links - ordered a air filter and pollen filter - air is ok but the pollen is a pig of a job

Intresting.
Next time I'm under the car, I will check every bolt i can find.

Soldato
Speaking of bolts, did discs and pads all round today, got to the tears and fiat have cleverly hidden the caliper bolts behind the hub making them inaccessible.

Asked on the owners club and the result was 'its a **** of a job, you have to take the hubs off'

Bit of a joke really having to completely disassemble the rear hubs to access the pads but after 10 hours it's all finished. £30 wasted on ball ended Allen keys which 'a fiat mechanic' suggested.

Oh plus I decided to go for stainless brake lines while I was in there, but the existing ones are peened in so didn't want to balls it up. Will pay someone to fit them later I reckon.

Soldato
Was planning on replacing the suspension in the mx5 this morning with the new coilovers. Drove it to the shops before hand so I had some lunch in etc - coughing, spluttering and misfiring on the way home. Think it's the coilpack but already had leads and plugs on order so they should be here tomorrow to test with.

Man of Honour
What is it running on the 1/4 mile these days?

Nothing new really, I was hoping for big things back in September after it dynoing 300bhp/255ft-lbs but bent two con rods. Ran 13.07 @ 104mph like that though. Ran a 13.3 @ 104mph last weekend, but I've been working out kinks due to new engine, ecu and a few other bits so the map was far from finished

daz

daz

Soldato
4th year service, two new tyres and a couple of other small bits on the McLaren. Warranty renewal coming in a couple of weeks as well. Total cost for all that... £7k. Maybe I should have got a 458.

Back
Top Bottom