*SOVLED* CIFS Mounted Drive Not Showing All Folders Ubuntu 18.04

Associate
Hey everyone,

At work our we have Windows 10 machines that we use for general tasks and also SSH into our Ubuntu 18.04 VMs to do our heavu computational work.

For some reason, certain folders within the drive are invisible on the VMs, but are definitely there. We can see them on Windows and we can cd into it, but whenever we use ls it still isn't there. I can find that I have full read and write permissions and that the folders aren't hidden. In addition, copying all of the files into a new directory with a different name makes it visible, but then when you change the name of the new directory to the name of the old directory, it disappears again.

Our network drive is mounted on our VMs using the following command:
sudo mount -t cifs //the/drive/location /mnt/data -o username=myusername,domain=domain.local,sec=ntlmv2,vers=3.0,gid=1001,uid=1001

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Associate
OP
*SOLVED*

After some more digging I found the solution.

I need to talk to IT about why this is, but it appears that the version had to be set to 1.0 rather than 3.0.

I'm assuming that the server is sharing this way for compatibility reasons, but it's frustrating that IT are so unfamiliar with Linux that they had no idea when they sent over the mounting command.

Anyway, I'll leave this here for others to use and if anyone wants to discuss it further.

Back
Top Bottom