PlayStation VR / VR2

Soldato
£250 For the PSVR, Resi 7, Superhot, and the Moves. Two fantastic 'Game's making a great deal.

And a days of play sale to fill up with extras. Looking at it from the outside in, that's a good deal if you have a ps4 and were thinking about the leap.

Soldato
£250 For the PSVR, Resi 7, Superhot, and the Moves. Two fantastic 'Game's making a great deal.

And a days of play sale to fill up with extras. Looking at it from the outside in, that's a good deal if you have a ps4 and were thinking about the leap.

Where's that deal mate?

I am so on the fence of finally giving VR a go even though I keep telling myself I won't use it enough and that I'm going in expecting the resolution to be too low for my tastes but.. I still want to try it

UXB

UXB

Associate
Picking one of these up tomorrow, £200 was the sweet spot for me, already have a few games on the dashboard with the VR symbol next to them does this mean that they are ready to be played in VR ?

Any recommendations for games I should get ?

Associate
How much space is actually needed for this, would probably be only able to be used in a bedroom about 4 feet from tv

That's probably not enough, it won't like it when you reach forwards. Sony recommend 6 feet between camera and the headset, plus you want an arm's reach around you.

Any recommendations for games I should get ?

Some I have:

Batman Arkham VR - because Batman. It's a great game too, with a surprisingly solid story - does help if you've played one or more of the Arkham games
Job Simulator - great fun, great demo for people to try
Rick and Morty: Virtual Rickality - Rick and Morty version of Job Simulator, if that floats your boat. More fun, but much, much wronger - you also need space to step side-to-side
Headmaster - football heading game, dead easy to pick up and play
Superhot VR - makes standard Superhot look stupid and pointless
Cold Iron - Cowboy quick draw puzzle game - way more fun (and much harder) than it sounds
Accounting+ - completely wrong, but in the best way possible. If you let your kids play this, they will tell their mum all the horrible things they did and you will get in trouble. Still worth it.
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood - because you need one game where people will scream and fall off chairs. And shooting is great in VR

Soldato
Bought a couple of games which were on sale at the PSVR store.

Raw data - which is fantastic and definitely worth buying for the £12 it's on sale for. It's a wave shooter but polished and expanded to an incredibly high level.

Sprint Vector - I've only played it for about 30 mins but I'm struggling to get the hang of the controls. Maybe it'll sink in after a while. Not sure about the game so far.

Is Sparc worth buying for a tenner?

Soldato
It does feel a bit like PSVR is on a downhill slope, the games that do support it seem to be either short/lightweight or tack on support without really adapting strongly for VR. There are definitely some exceptions but right now it feels like PSVR is still a bit of a gimmick for those with the disposable income rather than the essential accessory that we'd hoped it might become. For a similar price I'd say most people would be better off putting their gaming budget towards a Switch or XB1, obviously if you have both already then the disposable income is unlikely to be as much of an issue.

Associate
The only real full game is still RE7 isn’t it? It lasts around 8-10hrs like a normal game would and it’s not classed as an “experience”. It’s bad considering how long psvr has been out now.

Soldato
It was abysmal. Still waiting for Ace Combat 7 VR.....

I wouldn't get your hopes up about Ace Combat as from what I've heard only part of the game will be playable in VR

I'm still pretty happy with my PSVR headset overall though as I only bought it recently and between Resident Evil 7, Wipeout VR and Skyrim there are more than enough AAA games to play out at the moment to justify the £250 price tag i can be had for these days IMO.

Here's a top 30-ish list from a group I'm a member of for anyone looking for tips. Loads of decent games out there. It does feel like the release schedule is winding down somewhat now though but I guess with the PS4 only likely having another year or two of life we probably wont see that many more PS4 VR games either which is disappointing.

Code:
Here are the official TOP games our group members have voted for :-
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
Farpoint
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR
Wipeout
Voters for this option
Superhot
Moss
Playstation VR Worlds
+77
Dirt Rally
+67
DOOM VFR
+66
Driveclub VR
+62
Arizona Sunshine
+60
Rec Room
+56
Batman: Arkham VR
+48
The Playroom VR
+45
Job Simulator
+39
Star Wars: Rogue One X-Wing Mission
+35
Star Trek: Bridge Crew
+29
Thumper
+29
REZ Inifinite
+28
EVE: Valkyrie
+28
I Expect You To Die
+28
GT Sport
+28
Ultrawings
+27
Sprint Vector
+27
RIGS: Mechanized Combat
+25
Raw Data
+25
Accounting +
+23
Starblood Arena
+22
Eagle FLight
+22
Sparc
+21
Battlezone
+20

Last edited:
Soldato
I got a PS 4 Pro and PSVR last week and have only really played Driveclub VR on it. Really enjoying it (once I got over the slight nausea). A lot of things look to be just demo's of VR, but this is an actual fun racing game. Video review in the link in my sig if anyone is interested.

Soldato
Might be the one my stepdad got, he came home with that on fathers day.

Oh nevermind, PS4 not included, his was GAME just seen the box. Bit late into the PS4 game he is haha.

Soldato
Code:
Here are the official TOP games our group members have voted for :-
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
Farpoint
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR
Wipeout
Voters for this option
Superhot
Moss
Playstation VR Worlds