• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Did anyone win an 8086K Anniversary Edition Processor

Soldato
I'm undecided in the unlikely event i win whether to invest in z370 or do something similar

Exactly that. It will be easier for me to sell it as a sealed product than used or especially delided. Is no use for me either way.

I might struggle to sell the delided 8600K & Z370-I even if they clock 5.1Ghz with 4.5 ring but shall see when times comes.

Soldato
I had my 4770k for about 5 years before I upgraded to my 8700k
Don't see the point in upgrading my CPU every year when it not needed..

90% of my PC usage is most likely just browsing the net & youtube and buying stuff online..
I have had most of the Intel CPU’s and certainly for gaming I have seen very little difference. 6700K to 8700K was a complete side step. There is very little need to change you CPU now for gaming.

TJM

TJM

Associate
Hoping to win and flog it. My 8700K isn't the best overclocker but the gains are so small that swapping it out wouldn't be worth it.

Soldato
I fail to see how this makes any difference. It will still last years regardless..
If 8 and 16 cores at 4.5 GHz+ become mainstream it may not be such a great CPU in a few years, but I don't know what AMD will do with Zen 2 so I'm speculating. The 8086K is certainly a great CPU now.

Soldato
If 8 and 16 cores at 4.5 GHz+ become mainstream it may not be such a great CPU in a few years, but I don't know what AMD will do with Zen 2 so I'm speculating. The 8086K is certainly a great CPU now.
Still needs software to make use of all the extra cores otherwise they will just sit idle. It will take more than a few years before that happens. Even then there needs to be a use case to leverage the extra cores.

Associate
OP
Thing is though is that there is a lot of software that currently will max out all the cores you can throw at it if you are into video or photo applications

benchtemps2.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I wonder how much money you could make if you won one of the CPU's then livestreamed yourself destroying it? like you could take bids on different methods to kill the CPU, hit it with a hammer, over volt it into oblivion, give it an acid bath etc etc... Wonder if you could actually make decent cash from the view revenue or whatnot.

Could start a new trend, destroying hardware on livestream, im pretty sure theres a group of people into that stuff hahaha

Caporegime
or maybe sell the emails for all those that enter :D people often dont realize how much money is made from doing this.enter with your facebook for a extra chance.thats another sale.

Permabanned
[
Thing is though is that there is a lot of software that currently will max out all the cores you can throw at it if you are into video or photo applications
Video yes, photography not now and probably not anytime soon. I have a 20 core machine, all cores at 3.5Ghz and a 6 core 8600k @ 5.1Ghz. I use, Lightroom, Photoshop and DXO Photolab and for the most CPU taxing thing I do which is in DXO the 8600k is 78% faster.

Back
Top Bottom