Induction hob query

Man of Honour
The induction hob I have pulses at low power settings. It's not horrendous but it's definitely noticeable. Can't remember the brand/model off the top of my head but I'd definitely spend more than the £700 this cost next time.

Associate
My Candy induction hob cost about £250 4 years ago and pulses on lower settings. I'd be miffed at having to pend more than £700 to avoid it!

Soldato
Are the cheap induction any good all the ones in looking at cost over £1500 for either multiple flexible zones or zoneless. Definitely wouldn't want it to pulse on and off that really bugs me about our current halogen hob.

Soldato
following similar earlier threads - AEG replied on an email ... so if you believe aeg support
(... anyway would be a get out of jail card if I buy one and it show issue.)

Hi Paul,

Our induction hobs do not pulse power it will continuously run, they will remain on a steady heat which you will be able to adjust with the temperature controls.

This is what our technical team have confirmed to me.

Kind Regards
L G

Consumer Service Agent

Electrolux plc
Registered in England
Registered No. 2331516

L,

Hi, thanks, I am not sure that really answers my question.

OK - here is an arbitrary web link to the 'pulsing' issues I tried to describe in earlier email

https://thetastingbuds.com/2016/01/buying-an-induction-burner-12-things-you-need-to-know/

Yes, induction burners are typically controlled digitally and are easy to adjust using buttons on the front of the unit. On my Duxtop cooktop you can set a specific temperature or adjust the power on a scale of 1 to 10. And once you turn off the burner, the pan cools down immediately (which could take some getting used to). At lower heat settings, induction burners will sometimes pulse the heat every second or so (vs a steady, low heat) so that might present a challenge for some, but it hasn’t bothered me. Most induction burners also come with a timer as a safety feature, so you can more accurately cook foods without having to worry about burning the pot.

can you get a comment from the technical team on whether the hk654400fb2 model will do this or not. ?

Thanks
Regards, Paul

so according to them wont' do what this video shows (which would be dam annoying)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x2F53y_Q30&feature=youtu.be

these look good (see the imports Trump is scared of)
Xiaomi DCL01CM Precise Control Induction Cooker Review - very advanced

Soldato
Can't say I've ever noticed my Bosch pulsing, it must do if that's how they work but never as bad as in that video even on low settings.

One thing that is annoying with it is you can only "boost" on one ring at a time and the "boost" only lasts for around 10mins then the power drops back to the highest setting.
It's not a problem most of the time unless I'm boiling large pots of water for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom