New FTB Modded Minecraft server Beyond

Soldato
I've taken the texture packs off but still a bit laggy, what settings is everyone else using? It's weird seeings all the blocks loadings slowly and when I shovel a block of grass it takes a few seconds to disappear.

I've got Optifine loaded now, but damn so many settings!

I assume that your playing on the laptop in your signature? My other halfs son is playing on a 6700hq with 16gb ram and a 980m and doesn't get any visual lag to dismiss hardware. Are you using the curse launcher or multi-mc?

Also I assume you have both 32bit and 64bit java installed, latest versions?

You could try adding some java arguments as it's probably a memory issue
https://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/best-up-to-date-java-arguments.231514/

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Don't use a 512 texture pack on modded Minecraft it takes an insane amount of resources to run. 64 or 128 is the sweet spot. As Ham pointed out drop optifine in to the mods folder and texture packs in to the resource folder.

@haaammit @Greboth if you hit F7 (I think it's F7 could be F8) on the keyboard a grid will load in world showing the chunk edges. It makes building machines easier within a chunk. I used to build redstone ic2 water bucket reactors in single chunks, if it stepped over a chunk it used to explode. I have a pic somewhere of a 64 chunk wide crater I caused taking out 2 other player builds on the old linktart server I'll have to dig it out, Yrth wasn't impressed at that one but I rolled back the area with WE and all was good ha ha

Oh and the biggest cause of player lag is machine sounds in game which can be turned off player side by editing mod configs. Tree farms that harvest leaves were the worst I'm looking at you MFR harvester....

In this pack F7 will display a grid that shows where mobs can spawn - a yellow x in the grid means it's dark enough for mobs. Not sure what F8 does! I've been using F3 and G at the same time to get the chunk grid up! Love to see a pic of the devastation you caused 5punk lol!

@willhub I'm confident there is no lag on the server - Ticks Per Second is 20tps across all 6 dimensions currently loaded, with no skipped ticks. The only way this changes is with new terrain gen, and even that is pretty easy on the server tbh.

@all There is an issue with my base. I unchunk-loaded the whole thing, but have caused an issue whereby when my base unloads it causes insane server lag. As a short term fix (because some of my base loads up within the 10 chunk render distance for players when they go to spawn (my base is outside the 6 chunk spawn chunk radius)) I've chunk-loaded the whole thing. I'll do some testing to narrow down which one of the 36 chunks has the issue. My betting is that it is a Refined Storage issue, but time will tell!

There are no machines on at my place, but there are:
2 EnvronTech tier 4 solar panels
6 Chaotic solar panels from Solar Flux Reborn
feeding into
1 Tier 8 Draconic Evolution Energy Core and an EnderIO cap bank/buffer of about 5 billion rf
There are also all 16 Extra Util generators and a Rainbow gen, but these are not on.
I also have two independent RS storage systems, on for RFTools stuff and one for the rest of my gear. The RFTools one has 1x64k storage drive. My main system has 72x64k drives over 9 hard disk drives at about 25% capacity? I also have 10 Quantum Storage Units filled with ~200k items in each one.
There are also 5 DragonEgg Mills from ExtraUtils2 "running" plus a handful of ExtraUtils2 Water mills.
A whole load of wiring/cunduits from EnderIO and a load of energy pylons from Draconic Evolution. There are a load of RS crafters connected to Solderers, Sag Mills and Alloy Smelters, but these are all powered down.
There are a few RFTools bits, again these are not being used, but do have power going to them. Including a Matter Receiver*

As an aside, I have an EnderBag connected to an EnderChest which is connected to an RS Importer. I've noticed even if my base is unloaded, items put into the EnderBag, and by definition the EnderChest, RS will still pull the item into main storage, even though it shouldn't be loaded up, as it is in an unloaded chunk - hence why I believe RS is the culprit, but testing will hopefully find out!

Holy wall of text Batman! Laters - Ham o./

Edit: Thinking about all that, I *think* the RFTools MatterReceiver *may* chunkload the chunk it is in - more research required!

Edit 2:Testing shows it's not the RFTools machines lol

Last edited:
Associate
Just a quick follow up on the chunk boundaries thing, F9 once will display vertical markers in the corners, twice will fill in the 'walls' of the chunk and a third time will turn it off again.

Soldato
Just a quick follow up on the chunk boundaries thing, F9 once will display vertical markers in the corners, twice will fill in the 'walls' of the chunk and a third time will turn it off again.

That's the one, I can never remember which keys do what until I'm actually playing ha ha I knew it was the high end of the F keys.

@haaammit re: enderechest to RS I believe chunks are not unloaded instantly so if you are on and go to another dimension your base will still remain loaded for a period after leaving the area, eventually it will unload also bear in mind I think it unloads in sections and not all at once.

The lag could be caused by a block attempting to eject/place items across an unloaded chunk boarder, a couple of years back I remember seeing a DW video and King Lemming (the creator of Thermal expansion) explaining about this, some mods are badly designed in that the block attempts to auto eject and if it can't it repeats causing severe lag this is most common on chunk boundaries. Hope this helps

Oh and
Nv2tt1ol.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
That is a decent sized crater, to be sure! IC2 reactors in this pack can also explode iirc and I know for certain a Draconic Evolution Reactor can deffo explode - they take out pretty much everything in a 200 block radius around the explosion - just google Draconic Evolution Reactor Explosions to see what I mean! If anyone is gonna build one, please make sure it's well away from any other builds lol!

I'm going to be doing some testing today to locate the issue in my base. I might need to restart a few times, but if anyone wants to hop on I'll stop, and continue later.

Have a goodie! Ham

Soldato
OP
OK, so that's now sorted! Took a little while to find the issue, but I've found and fixed it. You may remember I was wanting to achieve 10,000 xp levels? I had these stored in an EnderIO Experience Obelisk, connected via EnderIO Presserized Fluid Conduits to both a Soul Binder and a couple of other EnderIO XP vacuums down in my older spawning rooms. It was trying, I think, to distribute 10,000 xp throughout the pipes, but of course when some of the pipework that was in chunks that unloaded before the the other chunks with pipework in I guess there was a load of fluid "stuck" for want of a better word. Anyhoo, I've taken out the Experienced Obelisk and put it to one side with no pipes connected to it, and have replaced it with one that has a safer 17 levels in it lol! Longer term I will configure the pipes better!

Extensive testing has shown that this has cured the lag/drop in tps that occurred when those chunks unloaded.

So yeah, fixed. GG - Ham

Soldato
That is a decent sized crater, to be sure! IC2 reactors in this pack can also explode iirc and I know for certain a Draconic Evolution Reactor can deffo explode - they take out pretty much everything in a 200 block radius around the explosion - just google Draconic Evolution Reactor Explosions to see what I mean! If anyone is gonna build one, please make sure it's well away from any other builds lol!

I'm going to be doing some testing today to locate the issue in my base. I might need to restart a few times, but if anyone wants to hop on I'll stop, and continue later.

Have a goodie! Ham

You can adjust the blast radius of reactors in the server configs, on the old linktart server as a few players were building ic2 reactors I adjusted the blast radius to circa 15 blocks that way we as admins didn't have to manage reactor player builds we just simply warned players that if incorrect it will blow up your building/surrounding machines and not have to worry about anything like the image I posted which quite frankly was a PITA.

Good stuff finding the source of the lag, it's usually items being moved around with no home due to loaded or unloaded chunks.

Uh oh, take it something big went boom? :D

Yep that was in 2012 on the linktart tekkit server, I had decided to relocate my build as it was between 2 other player builds and when dismantling the ic2 reactor (tbh I think I just rolled back the area to stock) due to lag on the server it didn't remove in one go and as the redppwer wiring was removed it turned on and insta exploded. I couldn't resist taking an image ha ha by the time the players came on it was all back to normal.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ok - so some of IC2 endgame stuff is broken in this pack - I'll look into that over the next couple of days.

I've added this to the op, but IC2 insists on using EU, meaning you have to go down this tech tree with no other mod benefits, where all the other mods are happy to accept RF. Little known fact is that FluxNetworks is about the only mod that will happily send/convert/not discriminate between RF AND EU and they are cheap enough to make. Make a network, add a plug (the red one) to your IC2 power input and a Point (green one) to your stored RF et voila! You're welcome!

Associate
Ah man I should have looked into that before I made all my hybrid solars! Starting IC2 I had plenty of RF but no EU. Oh well got loads of both now.

Started a design for my bee gene library today and my first taste of chisel and bits, man is it an inventory killer! I tried to chisel a block of orange stained clear glass from tinkers and the block disappeared. Tried mining it and it crashed me out so now I have an invisible block and a few invisible bits placed in my base. Any ideas how I can remove them?

Soldato
OP
There are chisel bit bags that can help.

Are there invisible bits on the floor? They should de-spawn after 5 minutes. Have you tried re-chiselling the invisible block? That may make it cycle back to a mineable one. Failing that, give me the cords and I'll see if I can MCEdit the block out, then upload that chunk back into the world file :)

Soldato
OP
What items are broken?

crazy_monty was trying to make an Iridium Drill with no success - when we looked there was no recipe for Iridium-Reinforced Plates, but this is *now* showing in JEI that an Implosion Compressor is needed to make them (I *think* that was the issue). Obvs the server has restarted a few times since, so that may have rectified the issue. I'm sure there was something else broken.... @coltus Can you remember the issue?

Otherwise - everyone happy with the server/stability/amount of chunks to load etc? The amount of homes (1) suit you all - the sleep percentage (50%) - any stuff that you would like to see changed - I'm open to ideas!

Hope you all had a pleasant weekend - catch you soon - Ham

Soldato
crazy_monty was trying to make an Iridium Drill with no success - when we looked there was no recipe for Iridium-Reinforced Plates, but this is *now* showing in JEI that an Implosion Compressor is needed to make them (I *think* that was the issue). Obvs the server has restarted a few times since, so that may have rectified the issue. I'm sure there was something else broken.... @coltus Can you remember the issue?

Otherwise - everyone happy with the server/stability/amount of chunks to load etc? The amount of homes (1) suit you all - the sleep percentage (50%) - any stuff that you would like to see changed - I'm open to ideas!

Hope you all had a pleasant weekend - catch you soon - Ham

Lol that was the item I was making when I first killed the server to make iridium plates, it does work :) also sent you a gmail

Is it the IC2 jetpack for the gravisuit? If so there are other recipes as a way around the missing one

Soldato
OP
Lol that was the item I was making when I first killed the server to make iridium plates, it does work :) also sent you a gmail

Is it the IC2 jetpack for the gravisuit? If so there are other recipes as a way around the missing one

Lol - I can't really remember now tbh - hopefully monty will chime in at some point! Received and replied to your gmail!

Thanks @5punk3monk3y for letting e know of the server

@haaammit could you please whitelist me :D

Not a bleeding chance pal. Never, ever, ever, ever...........oh, ok then! Long time no talk matey :)

Last edited:
Associate
@5punk3monk3y what recipe did you use for Ic2 iridium reinforced plates because everything i've tried wouldn't let me craft an ic2 iridium drill.

The only way that worked in creative was to use the tech reborn implosion compressor but that can't be built because the recipe for the machine block needed to build that is the same as the ic2 basic machine casing which can't be used.

The ic2 recipe for iridium reinforced plate gives you the thermal foundation iridium plate which won't work.

I've tried all the iridium plates i could find from other mods and none worked for crafting an ic2 iridium drill :(

Soldato
@5punk3monk3y what recipe did you use for Ic2 iridium reinforced plates because everything i've tried wouldn't let me craft an ic2 iridium drill.

The only way that worked in creative was to use the tech reborn implosion compressor but that can't be built because the recipe for the machine block needed to build that is the same as the ic2 basic machine casing which can't be used.

The ic2 recipe for iridium reinforced plate gives you the thermal foundation iridium plate which won't work.

I've tried all the iridium plates i could find from other mods and none worked for crafting an ic2 iridium drill :(

Be careful as i managed to crash the server going down this route, The implosion compressor can be built however I can't remember the route I took to it, I have the casing recipe in my autocrafting system *I think*

Back
Top Bottom