• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia CEO says next gaming GPUs won't come for "a long time"

Permabanned
Doesn't have to be 6-9 months thanks to the competition. AMD aren't expected to release new gaming GPUs until 2020 now. Navi = PS5 in 2020; no gaming Vega on 7nm ever.

Do not believe this. PS5 may use Navi IP but that doesn't mean the desktop and mobile models will be released alongside.
Navi is one year away, in the worst case.

bru

bru

Soldato
I bet there is a perfectly good reason why we haven't had the new NVIDIA generation yet and I would reckon it has nothing to do with, the current Pascal range, or what ever AMD are doing o planning to do, I reckon it is either GDDR 6 related or maybe even HDMI 2.1. NVIDIA will already know when they plan to release and Jensun is certainly not going to give any clues answering quick fire questions at the end of a presentation.

Caporegime
Do not believe this. PS5 may use Navi IP but that doesn't mean the desktop and mobile models will be released alongside.
Navi is one year away, in the worst case.

I agree that the PS5 wont impact the release schedule for an AMD desktop GPU from an IP perspective. Sony may have other business requirements to wait. But one of the issues will be when 7nm has low enough costs and very high yields.

Navi 1 year away is the more likely time, not worst case. 7nm vega in mass production is early next year. Navi, if it is 7nm will be after that. the H1 2019 will indicate a summer release, if everything is on time. If Navi is 12nm I would hope it comes earlier and next year would be worst case.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I don't get it. This place disses wccftech then on the other hand they're buying it?
I just enjoy reading here for the lols. End of the day the card will be out when it will be out.

99% of what is said here and places like WCCFTech is pure speculation.

I speculate that the new generation of cards will be out this year and I find it hard to believe Nvidia will skip 12nm and wait until 2019 to go 7nm.

Soldato
Caporegime
It really seems like the 1180 is going to be crazy overpriced at launch. I will probably end up with a 1080ti or the 1170.
The thing is, there is no reliable source and everyone is quoting the same factless rumour.

Nvidia might raise prices, but the prices kicking about in the rumors are just plain ridiculous and wouldn't make any sense at all. If there is a price rise it will be $30-50 for a 1080. The new cards will only sell well when reasonably priced because they wont be a massive upgrade for current Pascal owners.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Nvidia have been pushing for years to find out where that upper limit for price is. They haven't found it yet!
Lol. Well if they end up wanting £700 here, I will just get the 1170/2070 and wait for the 1180Ti/2080Ti. If they want more than £450 for the 1170/2070 might skip that too now that I got a 980Ti recently which mean I can play 95% of my steam library at max settings at 4K anyway.

Bloody Nvidia with their disgusting pricing, let’s hope the rumours are not true and they are not that greedy and stupid. If they continue trying to rip us PC gamers off, I will likely go back to AMD Freesync for my next monitor upgrade in a few years time once OLED ones come out. By then AMD should have a proper 4K graphics card one would hope.

Caporegime
Nvidia have been pushing for years to find out where that upper limit for price is. They haven't found it yet!

They have been looking for the upper limits with the Titan range, and perhaps the 1080ti. At the realistic consumer high-end of the 1080 type card prices haven't changed that much in the last 15 years when you take in to account inflation. A quick look at the price-performance of nvidia against AMD shows that pricing ratios haven't got any worse for Nvidia, if anything they are better now than in the past. Compare Vega64 with the 1080

Back
Top Bottom