Origin access PREMIUM (soon)

Soldato
So, they are going to offer a premium service which will be roughly £12 a month or £75 (approx) a year.

I think it could be a viable option for me.

So, what's the difference between Basic and Premier?

Our Basic membership gets you:
  • the chance to try out our new games for up to ten hours, starting five days before release, with Play First Trials
  • access to The Vault, a library of games that just keeps growing all the time. Play any games that have already been added, as much as you want.
  • the 10% discount in the Origin Store on full games, pre-orders, expansions, FIFA points, and more
Premier will give you:
  • full, unlimited access to our games, starting five days before they release
    • That’s right, no more limited-time trials. Play the full game starting five days before launch without purchasing it separately, until you cancel your Premier membership.
  • access to The Vault, a library of games that just keeps growing all the time.
  • the same 10% discount in the Origin Store on full games, pre-orders, expansions, FIFA points, and more

Soldato
This would be an amazing offer if EA actually developed any appealing games, but since they don't, I'll just stick to base 25 euro per year subscription.

Soldato
OP
I've been reading it's going to be £14.99 a year :confused:

Seems like a good deal nonetheless...

Maybe £14.99 a month, not a year hehe.

I could see myself buying the new Madden, Battlefield and Anthem so combined cost would be a lot more than a years subscription to premium.

Soldato
Maybe £14.99 a month, not a year hehe.

I could see myself buying the new Madden, Battlefield and Anthem so combined cost would be a lot more than a years subscription to premium.

Oop! :D Yep, sorry that should be £14.99 a month.

Soldato
Not sure I'd get my moneys worth for £14.99 a month. I just hope they start restricting games for the premium service that otherwise would have been made available for the standard access... actually that's highly likely to happen isn't it?

Soldato
On the face of it, £75 a year sounds good value if you buy their games every year and I would be tempted.

Being realistic though I tend to buy a game and play it to death. BF1 over 400 hours and I'm on PUBG now with over 300hours and that's about 2 years worth of gaming for me.

Soldato
This would be an amazing offer if EA actually developed any appealing games, but since they don't, I'll just stick to base 25 euro per year subscription.

If they don't develop any appealing games, why are you paying for the base subscription? Your post contradicts itself...

I recently subscribed to Access through my Xbox One. It was a no-brainer. £19.99 for the year, or I could buy Unravel for £15, which I wanted to play at the time. Now I've got access to games that I loved playing on my 360, Skate 3, and SSX, plus some of the BF games and also Mass Effect on my Xbox. I feel that it was very good value for money. I'm just a little sad that it's a separate subscription for the PC. I don't want to pay twice.

Soldato
I think it's a good idea, whether it's worth it for me though is a different question. Do you get all DLC released as well?

I would guess that will depend on the game. I can't see them giving access to the entire catalogue of Sims 4 for example but BFV doesn't have a season pass anymore, so they must be phasing them out. I think they might want payment towards expansions for something like Anthem though. If they decide to include everything in Premier, including DLC / Expansions. This is one great deal.

Soldato
If they don't develop any appealing games, why are you paying for the base subscription? Your post contradicts itself...

I recently subscribed to Access through my Xbox One. It was a no-brainer. £19.99 for the year, or I could buy Unravel for £15, which I wanted to play at the time. Now I've got access to games that I loved playing on my 360, Skate 3, and SSX, plus some of the BF games and also Mass Effect on my Xbox. I feel that it was very good value for money. I'm just a little sad that it's a separate subscription for the PC. I don't want to pay twice.

They are actually adding lot of third party games, just recently I liked Surge, Batman Arkham Origins, This is the police...no contradiction at all. Plus there are lot of great older EA games. I just wish they made new great ones, but for example the latest NFS games are trash, they canceled the singleplayer Star Wars game..

Back
Top Bottom