What watch do you wear?

Permabanned
So my C. Ward LE watch has broken now for the third time in under four years! Currently arguing with them to fix it for free (which they should under their 60/60 scheme), Flipping annoying as I paid a lot for it and its been nothing but problems.

The first time the crown broke (wont wind) was literally several weeks after purchase.
Does anyone know if there has been any cases with manufactures/faulty watches and getting a replacement/refund after such a length of time? Id expect not...

Thinking I might just go the smart watch route from now on.
under eu you have to prove there was a fault in manufacture then u can claim up to I think it's 5 yrs

Soldato
Had this for a couple of years, not really ever got on with it until now. I don't like the bracelet it came with, so bought a Bonetto rubber strap which just didn't quite fit properly (too loose or too tight). On the cusp of flogging it on eBay, I decided to try one of my NATOs and I actually think I like it.

rmtivI4.jpg.png

Soldato
Speedy Pro more frequently on my wrist than off it after arriving a few months back

IMG_20180323_024534118.jpg

Soldato
I do love a bit of Speedy. Such a classic design, not much else has aged so well.
Agreed. It's nice they've maintained it so close to those of old (though I'm very keen on 'upgrading' to an older tritium version at a later date, but the very functional lume on this one will be hard to lose!).

Associate
Had this for a couple of years, not really ever got on with it until now. I don't like the bracelet it came with, so bought a Bonetto rubber strap which just didn't quite fit properly (too loose or too tight). On the cusp of flogging it on eBay, I decided to try one of my NATOs and I actually think I like it.

You almost had me spending £600 odd after you posted this, absolutely beautiful watch but already have an Oris Aquis, got a Seiko Turtle on the way so can't justify another one just yet. Soon though, that bad boy will be mine!

Soldato
You almost had me spending £600 odd after you posted this, absolutely beautiful watch but already have an Oris Aquis, got a Seiko Turtle on the way so can't justify another one just yet. Soon though, that bad boy will be mine!

Haha, it's a nice watch, just don't pay anything like that much for it! They seem to go for about £250-350 on eBay. I paid £250 for mine, brand new.

Associate
Noted, thanks! £250, did you buy yours on eBay?

There’s one on there at the mo second hand for £350 if I could get it new for £250 I’d definitely buy it!

Soldato
I still haven't forgiven Omega for discontinuing the wave dial Seamasters in favour of the Submariner style gloss dial. I can forgive them changing the font on the bezel, but not the dial. The black wave dial Seamaster is my all time favourite Omega watch. I keep saying I'll buy a used one, but the price keeps on going up and stopping me.

Agreed- was the best thing about the old 300Ms.

Soldato
Love looking at the watches in this thread. Always said that one day I'll treat myself to a nice watch... when/if I can ever afford to buy a watch :D

Just wearing an Apple Watch but that's more of a tool than an actual nice looking watch

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Tudor's new Black Bay Chrono, the watch I always wished they'd do and now they do!

piPMQwQ.jpg

On one hand I want it a lot, but on the other hand I don't want two watches, and recalled my NOMOS sale as I like that too much as well so decided to not sell it!

Associate
Picked this out for a birthday present. Won't use most of the functions but just love the looks! (Each to their own I know :cool:)
Very light and comfortable.
BzVYDR4.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
The Speedmaster ^^^^ looks great on the orange stripe NATO.

I love NATO straps and think I'm becoming obsessed. I have 10 so far, 2 leather and 8 nylon. I don't like Zuludivers much - I bought one of their heavy duty ones in grey and it's almost exactly the same as a 6 quid one I bought from someone else on eBay. I also have one of their premium ones, but it seems to stretch slightly around the holes and the material is too thin. My favourite one is a bottle green Strap Junkie that they don't sell anymore. Slightly softer than the Zuludiver heavy.

I also just ordered a Haglund Harjedalen as apparently they're meant to be about as good as you can get, including Omega. We'll see about that when it arrives!

Back
Top Bottom