Steam Summer Sale 2018

Soldato
£13.19 for GTA V, time to pull the trigger.

At this point in time, anyone who has not yet bought GTA V should put themselves forward for scientific research for the study and advancement of genetically abhorrent behaviour.

As for me..

Rise Of the Tomb Raider
Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Quantum Break
King Of Fighters XIII
Metal Gear Revengance
DMC Devil May Cry
Far Cry 3

....lots of gameplay there for £50 which one day I may get around to actually playing.

Soldato
The Steam link is currently on sale for £2 if anyone wanted to pick it up but I'm planning on getting Doom and Squad during the summer sale.

Yeah, slightly more of a discount if you get the controller at the same time - £28 you pay total BUT!!!! It's £10 postage.

Still, £38 all in is a good deal for the link and the controller for the odd point and click game from the sofa :)

Associate
Yeah, slightly more of a discount if you get the controller at the same time - £28 you pay total BUT!!!! It's £10 postage.

Still, £38 all in is a good deal for the link and the controller for the odd point and click game from the sofa :)

I was thinking of getting the Steam link and controller during the summer sale but whether I use them that often is a completely different story.

Planning on looking up how they are configured and whether I'll need a network cable near both my TV and desk.

:)

Soldato
OP
Re the Steam hardware. Although it's not advertised on the GAME website...

Normally during Steam sales the discounted hardware is available at the same price at GAME stores which negates that rather large postage expense.

*edit* I don't think GAME are doing it this sale by the looks.

Associate
Do you know whether the Link uses a LAN connection or works through the Wi-Fi.

Might be a little bit show through a wireless connection but I'm not sure. :confused:

I wouldn't bother with WiFi. I had a ubiquiti AC router about a foot away and still had issues. Cabled in, even on a 100Mbps connection, and it worked flawlessly (speed wise).

Associate
I wouldn't bother with WiFi. I had a ubiquiti AC router about a foot away and still had issues. Cabled in, even on a 100Mbps connection, and it worked flawlessly (speed wise).

It's going to be a nightmare to hard wire from the router but I think I've got some of those net link plugs so I'll give that a try.

Back
Top Bottom