Windows 10 resetting mouse sensitivity

Associate
I recently changed my mouse DPI from 800 to 1600 and as a result, had to lower my sensitivity in Windows 10 (from the default 6 bars down to 4) but I've noticed every time I restart my system, Windows 10 will reset it back to the default 6. Any ideas why Windows is doing this or how to stop it?

Man of Honour
Seems to be a known issue from googling but doesn't seem to be any one fix. One of the common ones is that it isn't saved properly as a mouse profile in Windows 10 after making adjustments.

Soldato
Do other settings in the mouse control panel get remembered when you change them?

As a last resort you could edit the speed into the registry.

Associate
OP
Need to bump this thread. Tried editing the speed in registry, no difference. I've noticed when Windows first starts up, the mouse speed is remembered, but as programs are starting up etc, Windows will suddenly change the mouse speed back to default. I can open up the mouse settings dialog before this occurs, and see the mouse speed is remembered, but then Windows will change it back to default and I have to apply it again. No idea why, but Windows seems to be forcing defaults at startup...

Back
Top Bottom