The OcUK Relationship Counselling and Hugs Thread

Associate
I've fallen hard for someone at my work, but she has a BF even though we get on quite well and I think we be a great fit but I'm not going to be a D*** and try and break up a relationship so I try and stuff it to a corner of my mind.
Why? I'm now dating a girl from work who was engaged when I met her. If she likes you, she'll end it.

Caporegime
Days since magnolia made an interesting/insightful/funny/educational post relevant to the topic at hand: 3,743.

I've literally never seen you do anything but criticise what other people post without adding anything of your own. I'm sure you must know something though, so what's your advice to someone struggling to hold down a relationship? I'm open to suggestions, I just completely disagree with telling people to "be themself" or "keep doing what you're doing". If that hasn't worked and you've been through numerous relationships, then you need to change something, as you would in any area of life where you're consistently not getting the results you want.

yeah lets listen to the single angry dude over the happily married man with kids on relationship issues eh?

and no you dont have to change yourself, you may have to change who you go for though.

take me i'm greatly limited in my choice of partners because im non monogamous and come with the baggage of currently 3 regular partners, back to 4 in a a few weeks if things go to plan, but that's a toss up as im gambling on a new approach. ( hard balling a dominatrix is going to be an all or nothing bet, but certainly an exciting one)

does this mean i should dump everyone and become mongomus?

no it means i go and find girl/guy who is cool being number 5, or number 1 or that one night

Why? I'm now dating a girl from work who was engaged when I met her. If she likes you, she'll end it.

think thats what the next dude will be saying about your mrs?

It's probably just the fact that dating for young women now is tutorial mode anyway, if you don't tick all the right boxes then it's 10 minutes on an app to give one of the hundreds of other options a try. It's no surprise some men try and cling on to what they can as it's far more effort lining other options up.

dude its the exact same for guys.

i know pretty middle of the road average beer gut types who can get a differnt date friday saturday and sunday off tinder

What if you're naturally a dootmat bro? You just need to find a woman who's willing to wipe her feet on you

exactly :D

now you're getting it find the person for you.

plenty of dudes and girls out there into findom and all sorts of other stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
yeah lets listen to the single angry dude over the happily married man with kids on relationship issues eh?

and no you dont have to change yourself, you may have to change who you go for though.

take me i'm greatly limited in my choice of partners because im non monogamous and come with the baggage of currently 3 regular partners, back to 4 in a a few weeks if things go to plan, but that's a toss up as im gambling on a new approach. ( hard balling a dominatrix is going to be an all or nothing bet, but certainly an exciting one)

does this mean i should dump everyone and become mongomus?

no it means i go and find girl/guy who is cool being number 5, or number 1 or that one night

I'm neither single or angry, I've been in a long term relationship for years and we own a house together. I know plenty of married guys with kids, most of their relationship advice would simply consist of bending over backwards to keep their partner happy so she lets him sleep with her now and again. Sound advice if you're desperately worried about being on your own and don't value your sovereignty as an individual.

I know you don't struggle with women Tefal, I don't think you probably ever have based on your posts in here, which is why you might not be best placed to give advice to men who do struggle. Your reality of having 4 women on the go and looking for your 5th is worlds apart from your average or below average looking guys experience with women.

Soldato
Its been almost nine months since my ex left, but she's still texting me once a month asking for things. I've been pretty good at maintaining no contact, but I'm tempted to break that in order to ask her a question. Since I never found out at the time, I'd like to ask her why she didn't talk to me about how she felt. At least then I'd have been able to give my point of view. It's just one of those nagging questions that I'd like answering as a means of closure. Even if I don't like the answer.

Associate
Its been almost nine months since my ex left, but she's still texting me once a month asking for things. I've been pretty good at maintaining no contact, but I'm tempted to break that in order to ask her a question. Since I never found out at the time, I'd like to ask her why she didn't talk to me about how she felt. At least then I'd have been able to give my point of view. It's just one of those nagging questions that I'd like answering as a means of closure. Even if I don't like the answer.

Don't do it, you'll just find another question you want an answer to after that one has been answered. Just cut contact totally so that she cannot contact you at all. You're just prolonging being able to move on otherwise.

Soldato
Don't do it, you'll just find another question you want an answer to after that one has been answered. Just cut contact totally so that she cannot contact you at all. You're just prolonging being able to move on otherwise.

Yep, just accept things and move on, no point getting answers as it won’t change anything

Soldato

Yeah, that's a good point.

Associate
I've been exactly where you are now when my first relationship ended. Spent 6 months like that and it just messes with your head. Best thing I ever did was cut contact totally. It just was hard that first time as I knew no better.

Good luck whatever you decide to do!

Soldato
Like the others have said. Keeping any sort of contact just prolongs the moving on process. Good luck!

Very true. She's contacted me several times since we broke up, the last time being a couple of weeks ago. I don't reply, but every time I get a message I'm both tempted to and annoyed at the same time. She knows I've got a lot on with university and work, so it's like she does it to be purposefully provocative. A friend of mine said it's a way of trying to control me. Sod that.

Caporegime
Very true. She's contacted me several times since we broke up, the last time being a couple of weeks ago. I don't reply, but every time I get a message I'm both tempted to and annoyed at the same time. She knows I've got a lot on with university and work, so it's like she does it to be purposefully provocative. A friend of mine said it's a way of trying to control me. Sod that.

Best to go no contact. It will help You move on faster. If its over its over. Once you have truly moved on you won't even care about the answer or even be tempted. And asking her a question only prevents that.

Associate

Unless there is an important reason she needs to contact you or you need to contact her for, I would just block her number now.

You need to focus on your future (Uni and work) not on the past (her)

Man of Honour
Go no contact. It is what I did. Bizarre when someone wants to break up with you and then still wants to remain friends and go for walks as if all is OK. Remove her from any social media, no communication. It just drags it out otherwise. My last communication with my ex asking how I was after sometime was 'yes, I had a great Christmas and New Year thanks with my girlfriends family'. Never heard back.

Caporegime
Usually there will be a mismatch of feelings on one side in the near term.

Plus saying to a new partner 'by the way I'm friends with my ex' is only going to cause potential hassle that you just dont need.
Yes, probably is just friends, but it will guarantee hinder finding someone new. Even if they 'are fine' with it

Only time you need to keep contact is with kids involved obviously.

Back
Top Bottom