Dartford crossing charging

Caporegime
Did you still end up having to pay dart charge then?

I just called them again to make sure the person I spoke to last night had actually sorted things properly.
Spoke to some real unhelpful moron who just gave short answers. He said it shows I made two crossings and that I've been refunded £2.50. I said "what are you talking about, I made 3 crossings and never got told about any refund." He said I'll have to email them if I want any more information. I said "eh? Why should I email dart charge for your **** ups. They sent me email confirmation of my payments, why wouldn't they email me if they were going to refund me?"

In the end I just put the phone down on the idiot, rang back and spoke to a polite helpful woman who told me all my 3 payments had now been correctly allocated to all 3 crossings and that I won't receive any PCNs. I told her they need to sort out their website errors to which she agreed and said she would pass it on to her superiors.

After 2 months and a direct letter from the dvla...yes.

Soldato
I've forgotten to pay on time a couple of times and always found them to be fair and allowed me to pay late with no penalty.

First time I called I got a friendly guy with a heavy Yorkshire accent, so I commented he didn't sound like he was from Dartford. He replied "Nah mate, we're in call centre in Leeds. We get tunnel on the telly though". Cracked me up.

Man of Honour
Never had any issues but my old man had some problems. Poor old boy doesn't do anything online. I rang, them explained and it was all sorted.. Sometimes an old fashioned phone call works tricks :)

I'm pee'ved however, as already said, this hasn't become FOC as first promised years ago.

Caporegime
Had no end of issues with Dartford charges, my employer has an account yet they constantly bill us for non payment even though it’s set up for automatic payment whenever one of our fleet goes through the tolls.

Tbh it was no better in the days of the Dart tag when I worked for Eddie Stobart, we had tag equipped vehicles not being charged yet non taggged vehicles (which went no where near the south east) being charged for non payment constantly!

Their administration leaves a lot to be desired imo.

Man of Honour
I have my latest missed payment bill at home.

Old age....goes like this

Drive towards Dartford crossing. Remind passenger to remind you to pay crossing charge online.

As you get closer and begin to cross, repeat over and over "DO NOT FORGET PAY ONLINE..DO NOT FORGET TO PAY ONLINE"

As you leave the crossing....oo look shiny things....forgotten

I hate getting old.

Man of Honour
Has the new system made the process of getting through any quicker? The last time I went over the bridge, there were tailbacks for a few miles.

I went over the bridge 3 weeks back and it was fine at 2pm ish

I wanted the tunnel so could make some noise but sadly bridge it was.

Soldato
I went over the bridge 3 weeks back and it was fine at 2pm ish

I wanted the tunnel so could make some noise but sadly bridge it was.

Would be interesting to read the info on time it takes to cross now compared to when people had to stop to pay. I always liked the mad dash to the booths after you clear the bridge. Chaos!

Hmm I thought it was bridge when going clockwise, and tunnel when going anticlockwise. At least that's what's always happened when I've had to cross.

Caporegime
Would be interesting to read the info on time it takes to cross now compared to when people had to stop to pay. I always liked the mad dash to the booths after you clear the bridge. Chaos!

Hmm I thought it was bridge when going clockwise, and tunnel when going anticlockwise. At least that's what's always happened when I've had to cross.
They sometimes close the bridge so your forced to use the tunnels for north and southbound.

Caporegime
The tunnel had been originally designed to do both ways so I guess thats not too much of an upheaval.

The bridge I presume has never had to change direction?
I would imagine in the event of major works being required on both tunnels simultaneously then I’m sure they could organise a contra flow system on the bridge for north and southbound traffic but I can’t think of an occurrence when they’ve ever done it.

Back
Top Bottom