Version control for single user use

Soldato
What version control do people use for small private projects these days? $6 per month for GitHub?

I use MS TFS at the moment for work and also side projects, setup on a spare PC in the case of side projects.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
If you just want to access older versions, onedrive does it well enough for me.

Proper release and revision control would be best in github, I don't hear much talk of anything else.

Soldato
What version control do people use for small private projects these days? $6 per month for GitHub?

I use MS TFS at the moment for work and also side projects, setup on a spare PC in the case of side projects.

Gitlab gives you free unlimited private repositories unlike Github and has some pretty useful features like running unit tests when you commit new code changes to make sure you haven't got any problems with your new code.

You can also automatically deploy your code to staging and production as well if you use Docker and Kubernetes.

Associate

I just use VSTS... basically TFS hosted by MS. It’s free for up to 5 users on a project.

Soldato
Perforce is free for 5 users still, though you need to host it it yourself, but may be more useful than git depending on what you want it for.

Back
Top Bottom