Best micro atx case

Associate
Hey after some advice... getting back into pc gaming and dont have the room for a massive gaming rig now, so looking at a smaller form factor.

Case must be micro atx
To fit a asus maximus v1 or 2 gene motherboard and a corsair hx 1050 psu.and a 290 tri x gfx card

I wad looking at the silverstone tj08b-e but not sure this will house my psu?
Also wouldn't mind something a little more exciting to look at.

Any suggestions let me know

Soldato
I've got the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv mATX TG, it's excellent. Not the smallest mATX case around by any means but it's still reasonably compact whilst offering a good amount of room for working in and expansion.

Associate
I’ve also been looking at these recently for my second pc.
I’ve currenty been looking at the Thermaltake core v21 as it offers quite a lot of install flexibility.

Soldato
Can't go wrong with the NZXT H400i, and it's currently on offer.

I don't know how well the Evolv M-ATX cools, but it was a big problem with its bigger ATX brother. That top panel is still choked. Perfectly usable case of course, and looks nice, but I strongly suspect you will have to endure slightly higher temps, so just be mindful of that.

You could also look at the Fractal Design C Mini TG, although it is arguably a bit bland looking. It's a tad smaller than the H400i though, if compact is your priority, and performs excellently.

Soldato
Not sure it's that big an issue really, although I'm using an H115i Pro mounted at the front as opposed to air cooling.

Well, the Evolv will be the worst performer really, but if you're OK with that and don't mind the extra few degrees, then no problem. It will impact your GPU also though remember.

Soldato
Well, the Evolv will be the worst performer really, but if you're OK with that and don't mind the extra few degrees, then no problem. It will impact your GPU also though remember.

Considering it's 31 degrees here today, idle temps are pretty good:

2Wn7lhv.png

Obviously gaming will send those temps rocketing but it's far too hot to be sat here playing games anyway!

Soldato
Considering it's 31 degrees here today, idle temps are pretty good:

Obviously gaming will send those temps rocketing but it's far too hot to be sat here playing games anyway!

Well yes, but idle should never be a problem regardless, unless you've done something drastically wrong in building a system (TIM application for example) or there is a failure of some sort.

Last edited:
Soldato
How about the Chimera Cerberus? It's a proper small form factor case, can house multiple cards and radiators, and looks good to boot.

Back
Top Bottom