To replay The Witcher 3 in NG+?

Associate
I loved The Witcher 3 and completed the main game and both expansions and did loads of side quests too. I’ve been getting nostalgic about it lately due to a lack of a decent game to get stuck into at the moment and also it’s been patched to include HDR which might be interesting to see.

Anyway has anyone replayed the game in NG+ and enjoyed it? I ask as I have to purchase the game again and so don’t want to and then find that I’m bored of it straight away.

Soldato
I did but I stopped somewhere during Skellige. The most interesting part of the storyline is the Baron quest, the rest is pretty average and drags a lot so I lost interest.

I will get back to it probably as I was still having fun and I want to do the expansions again with different choices. Not looking forward to the janky combat and horse riding after some games, though. I've been spoiled by AC Origins which is far from the best game ever and all but the world/setting is vastly more original, detailed and open.

Overall, if you're a fan of the game I'm sure you'll have fun making different choices and exploring the world again etc. Even I did, and I find some aspects of the game grossly overrated. It's still a very solid title with an amazing amount of content.

Soldato
I've been thinking about replaying the whole game aswell actually, it was such an experience. My only worry is that I won't find it quite as engrossing 2nd time around! Such a superb game though.

Caporegime
Decided to start a new fresh play through with all DLC, hooked again already lol :D

Yeah, it's my second time playing and I know there are bits that I didn't like first time around (like the Dandelion stuff) but the rest of the game is just as engrossing. I've forgotten some stuff like what the runemaster does and how you get the extra mutations for special powers. I moved on to something else before I managed to get any of the Witcher gear upgraded to Grandmaster status so there is still something for me to aim for in this playthrough. The only real slog is visiting all the ? marks on the map again. Not sure I want to do every single one like last time.

Associate
OP
How is the draw distance on the hdr patch in 4K checkerboard? How’s the pop-in? Was never great before and was my main criticism of the Gfx. Does it still hold up well after HZD, GOW etc? Keen to know as I’ll have re buy it and it’s not in any sale!

Caporegime
How is the draw distance on the hdr patch in 4K checkerboard? How’s the pop-in? Was never great before and was my main criticism of the Gfx. Does it still hold up well after HZD, GOW etc? Keen to know as I’ll have re buy it and it’s not in any sale!

Can’t help with that unfortunately as I double dipped so playing on PC this time. Anyone else help?

Soldato
Can't help either, I have a Pro but I still think PC is absolutely the best way to play this, especially with Reshade/SFX. It's also pretty well optimised. I avoid 30fps whenever possible. Vanilla graphics are very uneven but it's still a nice looking game, without comparing with HZD, GoW etc.

Soldato
I just played through it again on the hardest difficulty focussing on a signs build, it's by far my favourite RPG and the extra difficulty and having to actually think before fighting pretty much anything made it even more rewarding. What a game.

Soldato
certain potion combinations are ridiculously powerful so I assume so but yeah... I also did exactly the same. In every playthrough.

Associate
OP
KCD is a super game, it plays more like a sandbox but is very in depth and rewarding, the storyline fantastic. I just completed it, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Would KCD again.

Have patches improved the game? I stayed away as remember reviews said there were lots of bugs, glitches, and dodgy Gfx. Have these now all been fixed?

Associate
I’m currently playing The Witcher III, having never played a Witcher game before. And I’m struggling with it tbh. There’s nothing absorbing about the world, the characters and just gruff and boring, the game feels really loose mechanically, there’s too many icons on screen.

I’ll plod forward with it a bit more but not sure I’m going to be drinking everyone’s Kool Aid on this one.

Soldato
I’m currently playing The Witcher III, having never played a Witcher game before. And I’m struggling with it tbh. There’s nothing absorbing about the world, the characters and just gruff and boring, the game feels really loose mechanically, there’s too many icons on screen.

I’ll plod forward with it a bit more but not sure I’m going to be drinking everyone’s Kool Aid on this one.

Have you got to the baron quests yet? All kicks off there ....

Back
Top Bottom