Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Oh, ive always refereed to that as fallout remover?Though not sprayed on via the jetwash.

https://www.bilthamber.com/korrosol

Korrosol is probably one of/the best fallout remover I've used. However if baldmonk wants one to use in with snow foam, Carpro iron x snow soap is probably one of the better ones.

It's not a substitute for claying though, despite Autoglym's naming ;)

maj

maj

Soldato
Can anyone confirm if the plastic Karcher connector on my Autobrite snowfom lance should come off? I bought the lance years ago with the connector already on it but now have a Nilfisk pressure washer. I've tried unscrewing the connector but it won't budge.

6XHUMPT.jpg

Soldato
Here's an exciting topic: what's a good brand of hose connectors?
Plastic Hozelock stop connector kept popping off the Nilfisk PW last week. Guessing it's just worn out, which is annoying because it's not even that old. But it does get a lot of use. I was going to buy a metal version, but I'm not sure if they have more durable internals, or if it's just the outer collar which is metal.

Don
Here's an exciting topic: what's a good brand of hose connectors?
Plastic Hozelock stop connector kept popping off the Nilfisk PW last week. Guessing it's just worn out, which is annoying because it's not even that old. But it does get a lot of use. I was going to buy a metal version, but I'm not sure if they have more durable internals, or if it's just the outer collar which is metal.

Doesn't necessarily help you, but never had an issue with my cheap Asda hose - used every couple of weeks for the last 2 and a half years, and the plastic hozelocks are still absolutely fine.

Soldato
If you mean an aquastop connector, it's popping off because of the pressure surges not having anywhere to go when the washer starts and stops, put a normal one on and it'll probably be fine. Or put the aquastop on the tap end when using with the washer.

Soldato
If you mean an aquastop connector, it's popping off because of the pressure surges not having anywhere to go when the washer starts and stops, put a normal one on and it'll probably be fine. Or put the aquastop on the tap end when using with the washer.

Yes, it's an AquaStop, but surely once it's connected to something, it's no different from using a normal connector? The only difference should be that the AS has a valve which means it stops water when nothing is connected to it. Are they just inherently not as secure as a normal connector with no valve?
If that's the case, I might just start connecting the PW directly to the tap when needed, as the AS connector is handy to have on the end of the hose.

Soldato
Yes, it's an AquaStop, but surely once it's connected to something, it's no different from using a normal connector? The only difference should be that the AS has a valve which means it stops water when nothing is connected to it. Are they just inherently not as secure as a normal connector with no valve?
If that's the case, I might just start connecting the PW directly to the tap when needed, as the AS connector is handy to have on the end of the hose.
I'm not sure exactly how they're setup internally but on mine it will pop an aquastop off every time the pump stops, spin it round so the aquastop isn't connected to the washer and it's fine.

Soldato
Can anyone confirm if the plastic Karcher connector on my Autobrite snowfom lance should come off? I bought the lance years ago with the connector already on it but now have a Nilfisk pressure washer. I've tried unscrewing the connector but it won't budge.

Not sure about specifics of the autobrjte lance but on my cheaper snowfoam lance I was able to remove the old connector. Took a lot of force. Mole grips and a clamp if I'm being honest.

maj

maj

Soldato
Not sure about specifics of the autobrjte lance but on my cheaper snowfoam lance I was able to remove the old connector. Took a lot of force. Mole grips and a clamp if I'm being honest.

Thanks. Autobrite themselves sort of said the same. Going round to a mate's house tonight who has a heavy duty clamp and some tools to hopefully get it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom