Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO)

Associate
Probably a question that's already been answered. come back to this after being away for a few years. And I'm fed up of constantly being in casual games vs Russians. Whats the best way to avoid that?

Soldato
There is a faceit UK hub is fairly active but costs £6 a month.
You also get banned if you:

Go afk for more than 10 seconds.
Don't have discord installed.
Don't have a mic
Don't call on mic for 1 or more rounds.

It's probably better to play with Russians tbh

Soldato

Don't have a mic

The UK Circuit on FACEIT is very active - typically 1-3 games going in each division at all times. It's a captain/veto system - so players are selected by the captain and servers/maps vetoed.

You won't get banned for going AFK - the server will automatically kick you and you can re-join as normal. Besides it's a competitive match, you shouldn't be going AFK. If you do need to go AFK, call a timeout - each side gets 4 in total. Why would you not use Discord and a mic? It's a competitive match and unfair on the team if you can't/don't use voice comms.

If you want to play in non-toxic competitive environment with UK players then this fits the bill. In my opinion the level of skill is much higher than MM, so if you struggle in that I wouldn't bother signing up.

UKPL: invite only (this is where Smooya, Surreal etc play)
UKCL: 8-10
Division 1: 4-7
Division 2: 1-3

Soldato
So, after 2 years of not playing any CS I've decided I miss FPS-games and come back. Prior to quitting I was floating around GE/SMFC and smurfed at DMG. After winning my first game since getting back I'm now ranked at the 3 star things, whatever thats called. If anyone is currently playing around that rank, please drop me an add as the complete lack of communication or teamplay is a tad annoying.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Cookeh_/

EDIT: Slight update, 2 wins this evening, now four stars, Gold Nova Master or something I believe its called.
Your back!! Good to have a game again buddy.

Soldato
Should be possible to do 5 v 5 as I know a couple groups that also have done that previously. The Steam groups thing could and should work a lot better then it does, only thing to do currently is add people on steam who play. I dont know if discord could accumulate people for such a game and make it more likely, something around 9pm might be the highest traffic

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone else’s pc lock up when the map is loading on cs go?

My computer goes unresponsive for about for 1-3 seconds during map load.

Soldato
Serious question, has the average casual CSGO player completed Counter Strike when Coldzera joins your deathmatch server and you P250 1 tap him during a brief 1on1 ?

Last edited:
Caporegime

Don't have a mic

had the pleasure of playing with a **** from this last night.

i am unwell. he could clearly hear me sneezing, coughing, blowing my nose, etc. yet was asking me to call out stuff that was obvious. like i'm going long. i die long he expects a call out that there is an enemy long. like wtf? he was constantly flamin the guy on top of the other team saying how bad he was yet he clearly wasn't as he kept killing him. i never heard him say 1 positive thing the whole match even when you single handedly won a round, if you make 1 mistake the next round he was on you. it went to over time. then over time again. then he decides he can't play any more so says sorry guys i'm gonna go afk. the team was like no you either play or quit and take the penalty so we can use bot.

best bit was his mate messed up winning the game for us. 1 v 1. ct is defusing in the open with his back to him. he is peppering shots as the CT is spinning in circles so he can't hit his head and he gets the defuse. i mean he fired like 10 bullets in bursts and couldn't hit him. yet he says nothing to him but flaming other team members during the whole game whenever they don't do what he asks.

i played 2 games with this guy too. the first one he played well and he was acting like a god saying this game is too easy for him now. it's like this every game now. second one not so much and he then proceeds to blame it on everyone else and flaming the opposition team. i look forward to being on the opposite team from this guy for once then just baiting him in public chat.

Soldato

Should be possible to do 5 v 5 as I know a couple groups that also have done that previously. The Steam groups thing could and should work a lot better then it does, only thing to do currently is add people on steam who play. I dont know if discord could accumulate people for such a game and make it more likely, something around 9pm might be the highest traffic

What are your steam names? I'll add you both.

Back
Top Bottom