Double booting issue

Associate
Hi all didn't really know where to put this question, I suppose a bios wall would have been better but there isn't one..

Just finished building a pc. Started it up first day no issues, installed windows and all my gear no problem..

Day 2 I change a few things, I add a fan, I change an old red sata cable on the bdrom to a new sata6 cable.

Low and behold now every time I switch the computer on or restart it it starts up, all fans and lights and everything work then 2 seconds in it all switches off then switches back on and boots up normal..

Any ideas?

I've tried removing the fan but it still does it, I've removed the heatsink, put new thermal compound on and heatsink back on.. No joy there.. I've checked bios settings all seem to be the same... I can live with the double boot up but I'm worried it will damage some of the components

My rig is:

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x
Asus prime b350 plus mobo
Radeon rx 580 nitro+
2 sticks of Kingston fury white ddr4 ram 16gb each
Dark fury 4 Pro heatsink cooler
Corsair cx650 psu
Creative xfi sound card
I have 4 fans running on the case and your usual cpu cooler fan..

Last edited:
Soldato
It can happen on plenty of boards, related to the memory training by the bios. it is not causing any issues for your components in terms of damaging them.

Man of Honour
It's quite normal. I believe it's down to some obscure bios setting as up until my cmos battery failed my pc never double booted even though it's overclocked. New battery inserted and bios settings re-applied and now it double boots from every cold boot. I have fiddled around with the bios settings but can't find the one that stops it which is highly annoying but won't do any damage. Every Asus board I have previously had double booted from cold when overclocked.

Back
Top Bottom