Arctis 7 Wireless owners...

Associate
Hi guys,

It seems like overnight the sound quality of my SteelSeries Arctis 7 headset has taken a hammering. I've just come home, and whilst the overall sound quality is still rather impressive it seems interjected with low volume crackle and some distortion.

I've haven't changed a thing so there's no variables. I have just tried using a different USB port for the Bluetooth receiver and reinstalling the driver software but to no avail. It's particularly prevalent on highly over-produced music like Woodkid etc.

Has anyone had anything similar?

Have they simply broke?

I'm not a massive audiophile and bought them based on many reviews and was really impressed when I took delivery as I've never had a headset anywhere near this price before but this has really annoyed me today. I can't unhear it.

Thanks in advance.

Associate
Could be the battery inside, I had a pair of wireless Sony’s and they’d been charged and used so many times that the internal battery wouldn’t keep charge for long anymore giving a crackling sound like you mention, I put them back and swapped for the arctis 7’s which have been amazing so far

Associate
OP
It can't be the battery as I've not had them long. Unless it's happens quickly.

Do you have them setup in a specific way, with a third party equaliser etc? I'm not savvy with audio at all.

Back
Top Bottom