DC Vault

Soldato
OP
For those old ones of mine in pending validation, the task details show successful completion but clicking on work unit details it says "Unable to handle request, can't find workunit".

I have just checked mine, on the big rig most of what I randomly checked have a wingman but on my smaller machine I'm getting the same message as you about the WU being missing.

PDW

PDW

Associate
I have just checked mine, on the big rig most of what I randomly checked have a wingman but on my smaller machine I'm getting the same message as you about the WU being missing.
Should be sorted now, pendings have either been matched up and validated or waiting for a second valid result to be returned.
I had very few cancelled that were actually being run.

We are also getting help at Acoustics :)
Was going to ask how good your chinese was but looks like they fixed what was causing all tasks to fail and are now contributing to the cause.

Soldato
OP
I'll get back on Rakesearch soon, it's a bit hot at the moment. I might do more on acoustics as that seems to use hardly any power & heat, maybe because the app isn't using the CPU well. I did notice the guy from China, nice to have help no matter how big or small.

PDW

PDW

Associate
No, was going to keep going :)

SRBase can get hot, very hot, depending on how good your cooling is.
I run between 4 - 6 at a time on my 8 thread machines in one client with a back up project (or two) when it runs dry and another client has threads for a GPU and/or other project, POGS was good for this as it ran cool but that's gone. I have never run it on my TR, even limited threads, as I don't know what the temps are.

Soldato
OP
No, was going to keep going :)

I suppose I'd better keep going then :)

SRBase can get hot, very hot, depending on how good your cooling is.
I run between 4 - 6 at a time on my 8 thread machines in one client with a back up project (or two) when it runs dry and another client has threads for a GPU and/or other project, POGS was good for this as it ran cool but that's gone. I have never run it on my TR, even limited threads, as I don't know what the temps are.

I'm OK for temps as my machine running it is watercooled. I was taken a bit aback when I saw how many credits you have on it :eek: Don't think i'll get any where near that, well done.

PDW

PDW

Associate
Probably best if you don't want to be stomped :p

I have run it quite a bit off and on, doesn't always have work, it's done in batches of each type and admin has to wait for them to come back before he releases more of that sub-project. The long ones give best PPD and you can multi-thread them, eg:
Code:
<app_config>
<app_version>
 <app_name>srbase5</app_name>
 <cmdline>-t4</cmdline>
 <max_concurrent>1</max_concurrent>
</app_version>
<app_version>
 <app_name>srbase11</app_name>
 <cmdline>-t4</cmdline>
</app_version>
<app_version>
 <app_name>srbase12</app_name>
 <cmdline>-t4</cmdline>
</app_version>
<project_max_concurrent>4</project_max_concurrent>
</app_config>
The short ones can be very short, seconds.

Credit is roughly 5 to 6 times Acoustic levels so I'm sure you'll soon be closing me down if you can manage the heat ;)

PDW

PDW

Associate
This is the list of apps it uses:

List of apps:
srbase = Sierpinski / Riesel Base
srbase2 = Riesel Base
srbase3 = Sierpinski Base
srbase4 = Sierpinski / Riesel Base - short
srbase5 = Sierpinski / Riesel Base - long
srbase6 = Sierpinski / Riesel Base - average
srbase7 = Riesel Base - short
srbase8 = Sierpinski Base - short
srbase9 = Sierpinski / Riesel Base - average2
srbase10 = Sierpinski / Riesel Base - average3
srbase11 = Sierpinski / Riesel Base - long2
srbase12 = Sierpinski / Riesel Base - long3

There is a FAQ thread in the Number crunching section with this and other useful info in it.

Soldato
running a few short SRbase work units on my i5 and a few on the 32 core for a couple of hours a day. really wont make much difference unless I switch the 64 core over and 32 core full time.

how many points / how much power is needed to catch what ever team is above ocuk?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
We need around 4 million to get 2 more spots, as to how much power, I found it seems to vary, different types of work units give different credit and the same type of work units can run longer when they have a higher range, the points do scale up but runtimes can still vary within the range. There doesn't seem to be checkpoints on the work units, if you reboot you start from the beginning again. I rebooted yesterday and found this but then the work units ran quicker so I don't know what's going on.

I've just got the 500K badge on average, now I'm working on getting the 500K sierpinski/ riesel base long. I'm not running too much and I've stopped on acoustics for now as it's stifling hot with everything running.

PDW

PDW

Associate
Ooh, I've just stomped you on Acoustics, I think this a first, I can't remember stomping you on anything before.

Ooh, I've just stomped you on Acoustics, I think this a first, I can't remember ever stomping you on anything before? Do you have your TR on there? they seem to like that project.
Beep beep :D

PDW

PDW

Associate
Are you sure ?
I can see 31 tasks in progress for you and their deadline dates are morning of the 6th July, they haven't been sent out to anyone else yet.

I take it you are not running them multi-threaded ?

Soldato
OP
It's only 4 that have gone past the deadline, they've ended up in the error section, I'm still crunching them, I've 35 in progress.
I messed up, I turned HT off so I had 36 real cores, set the cache to 0 days but I had the cc_config set to 72 cores so it downloaded that many. We'll see if they validate when I return them.

PDW

PDW

Associate
Those 4 all finished and got credit :)

Next time use multi-thread to get better PPD and shorter times !

Soldato
OP
Those 4 all finished and got credit :)

Yes I just noticed :)

Next time use multi-thread to get better PPD and shorter times !

How do I do that? I can't see anything in the preferences.
------------------------------------
....... you've already told me how, I really need to read peoples posts more :o
I glanced through it and thought that app_config was just for limiting tasks :rolleyes:

Thanks, I'll try it when these finish.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom