Elder Scrolls Online

Soldato
What's the current state of this game like relative to launch? Anyone still playing?

I play from time to time when at home and not on the road (aka weekend).

The game is good, idk what you mean by "current state of this game". It was always good after the first month or so, when bugs were ironed out.

If you want "the next" skyrim you can do it with this game. Turn off the chat window and just play the game as single player.
The only things you wont be able to do are trials, group dungeons and pvp solo. Otherwise vanilla game is around 1000-1100 on questing and exploring.
Make sure you get Orsinium and Morrowind, as they add few hundrend hours also on top of the above count.

The Thieves and Brotherhood DLCs are smaller, but with interesting storylines, and especially Brothehood gets you all over the world but not as good as Orsinium and Morrowind. After that Imperial City & Imperial Dungeon is the DLC i played the least because is PVP oriented, with group PVE content.

The game is B2P and it doesn't have paywalls like other games.

Associate
How does this play with an xbox 360 controller?

I've got it installed but not got round to playing it yet.

Soldato
I've recently just got into Elder Scrolls Online. I hated it when it first came out but now it is pretty damn good. They seem to have fixed most of the problems I had with it at launch, and there is tons of content for me to work through now.

I'm debating whether to play it with the Xbox One controller or not though. I might give it a go and see how it works out. If anyone is still active and in a decent guild I'd be interested in joining.

Soldato
I play from time to time when at home and not on the road (aka weekend).

The game is good, idk what you mean by "current state of this game". It was always good after the first month or so, when bugs were ironed out.

If you want "the next" skyrim you can do it with this game. Turn off the chat window and just play the game as single player.
The only things you wont be able to do are trials, group dungeons and pvp solo. Otherwise vanilla game is around 1000-1100 on questing and exploring.
Make sure you get Orsinium and Morrowind, as they add few hundrend hours also on top of the above count.

The Thieves and Brotherhood DLCs are smaller, but with interesting storylines, and especially Brothehood gets you all over the world but not as good as Orsinium and Morrowind. After that Imperial City & Imperial Dungeon is the DLC i played the least because is PVP oriented, with group PVE content.

The game is B2P and it doesn't have paywalls like other games.

What is the group pve content like?

Are the dungeons more akin to WoW with very particular healer/tank/DPS roles or more GW2 when it was using the dodge action etc with less defined roles?

Soldato

Are the dungeons more akin to WoW with very particular healer/tank/DPS roles or more GW2 when it was using the dodge action etc with less defined roles?

There are group dungeons but given the game system some wont require some specific class others would. There operations for 16 man also.
All have nice quests and storylines to do inside. (veteran mode has continuation of the previous storyline encountered on normal mode).

However as for classes in there there are not clear cuts. Some dungeons can be done with hybrid tank-healer, if there is a good tank. Others can be done also with a Templar tank who can off heal and 3 damage dealers as long as the damage dealers are not weaklings dying the moment the mobs look at them.

Why I wrote this. A lot of players switching from WoW to TESO struggle to adapt to a more relaxed hybrid system.
If someone has the correct gear and skill lines specced can tank, heal or dps. Depending the gear they are wearing and change roles inside the dungeon.

Ofc that doesn't apply to those rushing the game and end up with very narrow skill count allowing them to spec only the mandatory for their roles.

Soldato
There are group dungeons but given the game system some wont require some specific class others would. There operations for 16 man also.
All have nice quests and storylines to do inside. (veteran mode has continuation of the previous storyline encountered on normal mode).

That bit changed a while back. There is now Normal and Vet versions of both I and II dungeons in the game. The II is still slightly more difficult typically then the I, but still much easier usually then the vet version.

There is flexibility for most the part with everything bar the hardest PVE content in the game (16 man Vet trials). For that your will want to ensure you pick the right race / class etc from the onset as passives and skill lines work accordingly to help extract every last bit of gain at the high end. Though this is only for the harder content / large trials / very hard dungons and only makes up a small subset of content. Aside from that, there is massive flexibility and you can get away with most things.

Associate
There's a lot of excellent voice talent in ESO. John Cleese, Bill Nighy, Michael Gambon (Dumbledore), Peter Stormare (John Abruzzi), Kate Beckinsale. Steve Blum (Abathur), almost every voice he does is awesome.

Associate
i tried to get into this a few months ago, and put in a few hours, but felt a bit lost doing it in single player and feel i would much prefer it in a group, also tried something a bit different character creation wise and still havent clicked it, might have to go back and start again with a new character.

Would be interested in meeting up with a few people and seeing what with game has to offer in a group

add me on steam and hopefully we can meet up.

Steam: khevolution

Soldato
i tried to get into this a few months ago, and put in a few hours, but felt a bit lost doing it in single player and feel i would much prefer it in a group, also tried something a bit different character creation wise and still havent clicked it, might have to go back and start again with a new character.

Would be interested in meeting up with a few people and seeing what with game has to offer in a group

add me on steam and hopefully we can meet up.

Steam: khevolution

It would be better if you gave us your ESO username so that people who play ESO without using Steam can add you in-game. I'm @CromulentESO. I'll add you on Steam anyway.

Soldato
It's a pretty good game. Nice and relaxing and the game world is massive with lots of quests.

It's come a long way since I helped beta test it years ago. It's more fluid these days, and making sure you all take the same quests, can be played with friends easily. The "phasing" doesn't feel as harsh as it used to do in the early days.

I play with the other half and we have good fun with it. Base game is good, and the dlc's open up other parts of the map and skills you can use. We're not subscribers so we don't get the extras. But its still fun as a buy to play title.

Back
Top Bottom