Integrated PC desk build

Associate
OP
Thanks everyone, tubing is now popping into place with a nice sound (damaged two o rings when I took a closer look at my previous efforts) - small bits at a time for me. Radiators are all plumbed up now, "case" onto desk, everything is ready to go, just need to strip down my current build, open and clean the blocks up, reinstall everything and hope no more major adjustments are needed. PSU mounting in place, all fans wired up to their respective hubs, just need to wire up new power switch up too.

Still struggling to work out the case loop atm

Associate
OP
Just a bit of an update - spent the weekend finishing sleeving cables and completing the wiring. The 6 fans on the 480 and 240 radiators were connected up to the Phanteks hub, and the 4 led fans for the "case" connected to a 4 pin PWM hub, both of which are being controlled by the built in hardware monitor of the MB.

First time I have ever used hard tubing, so it was a learning experience. I have some more on order now as I am not too happy with a couple of bends. Anyway, Antec 1200 stripped down, and waterblocks for the GPU and CPU also stripped down for a good manual clean with a toothbrush and toothpaste. The temps were fluctuating before hand and I knew that one of the blocks was clogged up but didnt clean them as I knew I would be pulling it all apart shortly anyway. CPU block was pretty dirty....

7WlnuAv.jpg

AVPkNqW.jpg

GPU wasnt too bad...

U6lW2MT.jpg

Although I did notice something a bit disturbing. I thought something had popped when I disassembled the Antec build and wasnt sure if it would even work but kept going anyway. Anyone know what has likely blown based on its location??

nyBvIu3.jpg

Anyway, starting reinstalling components, and trying to work out the case loop. I knew that I would be running a line close to the ATX connector.

Cio2q7U.jpg

Asl0cim.jpg

JOQ0mh0.jpg

Loop is going from the Phanteks res which has a DDC pump installed on it (thought I had ordered a PWM one but obviously I didnt so that will be changed at some point), to the GPU, from the GPU to the CPU, from the CPU through the backboard into the "back" of the desk and onto the radiators via an inline filter, a flow meter, coolant sensor and the drain port. Took exactly a litre of Mayhems X1 UV Blue to fill it. The two monitors, the blue one is measuring the coolant temp with the white one measuring the air temp within the case.

difDsGU.jpg

So I thought I had planned the tubing out correctly, but obviously I didnt as I ran into a slight clearance issue which prevented me from attaching the front back on, as subsequently, meaning I couldnt attach the top either as Ive designed it to slot into the front "screen". Oh well, so that will be corrected when I get the PETG delivered (which should have been today but no luck)

Wp7nscj.jpg

OPn saying that, I put the screen on the best I could and rested the top onto it just to get an idea of how it will look. So with the top not on properly, nor the front screen, this gives an idea. And the GPU is running fine still, Ive been testing it, and its as though nothing is wrong, so not sure what the blown bit on the board is about

96RXWbN.jpg

I am also awaiting a white 8 pin PCI-E cable, and recreated a loom for the power switch using old front headers.

Apologies if I am not explaining things properly

Last edited:
Soldato
All makes sense! Looks like a little leak on the GPU, the component label is "Q510" so Q usually means transistor. Not sure what its function is though.

Looking great! Tubing clearance is a mother...

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Small changes - replaced the PCI-E with a white one and replaced the one remaining SSD data cable with a white one too.

Decided to redesign water loop to allow for window clearance. Unfortunately, one of the compression fittings I had had its o ring too damaged to use, so had to temporarily bridge that using old barb fittings and flexible hose. New parts already on route so that flexible tubing and its attachments will be going. Just needed the PC operational. I will probably follow the same route with the hard tubing as it fills up that space in the case. Also got some white sleeving on route as well to sort out those black cables for the fan controllers.

Wired up power button to desk, initially had the led in it just wired to the power led, but then changed it to the hdd led so it now flashes with hdd activity. Some pictures

jg01fgt.jpg

Just testing it

m6ZRDJW.jpg

G6MWUKU.jpg

fYlvXr2.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom