Xbox live child account access

Associate
just got an Xbox for my son and I am having problems trying to buy live gold for his child account which has been linked to my adult account. When trying to redeem a code or subscribe through his account it blocks it due to age restriction.

I already have an other Xbox marked as a "home" box. Anyone able to offer help on how to set this up?

Edit
Got it solved, had to go through customer support. Seems there was some problem with the child account seeking authorisation from the parent account.

Last edited:
Associate
Just a word of warning - if you plan on letting your child play online games, then it's easier and less stressful to just setup an adult account for him/her. Having been through this recently, pulled my hair out trying to work out why particular games wouldn't allow online play, despite me granting full access. Some games just do not allow it with child accounts with obscure messages as to the reason why. And worse is that child accounts cannot be converted to adult accounts (not easily anyway).

Soldato
As above, I found it much easier to just setup an adult account. Xbox Live works between accounts however to install a game on my daughters account via gamepass I need to log in first which is actually a bonus as it means I have a degree of control over what she is playing.

Soldato
Problem is you have no control on an adult account.

But I agree trying to use child account is very confusing. I could not get fornight to work except on an adult account.

It's typically microsoft badly designed software. I have the children accounts working on both pc and Xbox but it was torture

Back
Top Bottom