Computer stuttering when launching programs/games

Associate
This has been happening ever since I moved over to Ryzen last year, but for some reason, whenever I load up certain games/programs, my computer will suddenly start stuttering/lagging. Mouse movement will be extremely laggy and will continue to move after I take my hand off my mouse as if it's "catching up"
Sound is extremely choppy and the program/game will take like 4 times longer to load...

Certain games do this EVERY time I launch them (Unreal Tournament) Other games/programs will only do this the first time I launch them, and subsequent launches seem fine (still loaded into memory?)

Anybody encountered this? What's going on?

Man of Honour
I've seen this before with a faulty HDD in the system - Windows can get quite bogged down when trying to access an abnormally slow responding drive. I assume you reinstalled when changing CPU? it could be an issue with chipset drivers or something if older ones are also present.

I'd make sure all SATA, etc. cables are securely in place and run a memtest just incase.

Associate
OP
Reinstalled yes. I tried moving an offending game to 3 different drives (1 sata and 2 m.2) and it made no difference. It would do the same thing every time. As for memory, I've been through 3 different kits since moving over to Ryzen last year and encountered this issue with all 3

Back
Top Bottom