Samsung 860 evo install help!!

Associate
Hi Guys,

So I decided to buy a new SSD and bought the 860 evo 500GB. I plugged it in to a spare quick-swap slot on my PC and booted up. At first something happened with my PC and apparently windows 10 threw a wonky, it had to restart and then 'fix' something. Since then its been a bit weird, my avast antivirus wasn't working correctly, it was starting up but if i tried to open the overview it would just close without any warning errors. No problem I just uninstalled and reinstalled, fixed. The Cortana search bar refused to let me type in it which is a pain but ill worry about that later.

The hard drive itself has been a nightmare. I had to go into device manager and activate the drive, again no issue, to where I then started moving certain games that I wanted on to it. I migrated total warhammer 2 and GTA5 over to start. Neither will launch. I re-formatted the drive, re-installed the programs, still wont launch. I put a small game (arcadecraft) on the drive from steam, the same way that I re-downloaded warhammer 2 and it launches fine, although its in a small windowed mode. That MAY be because of the game however.

Im pulling my hair out here trying to work out whats going on. I downloaded the client from social club for GTA5 and when I click to launch it, it pops up and just shows a loading symbol that never changes, ive waited 20 mins so far! Total war launches the launcher, i press play and it just stops, nothing happens, no processes or anything.

Its also worth saying that since I plugged it in my graphics drivers disappeared and for a while my PC couldn't see that I had a graphics card.

Ive tried downloading the samsung magician software also but whenever I try to install it, it says there is no app compatible. I finally managed to get the magician software for another version of the SSD's installed but that simply says its not supported when I open it.

HELP!

What has gone wrong and how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Associate
OP
I am trying to do a fresh installation of Gta5 and its coming up with the following error during installation.

"C:\programfiles(x86)\installshield installation information\{E01FA564-2094-4833-8F2F-1FFEC6AFCC46}\setup.exe.

Access is denied.
(0x5)

Any ideas what that is and how I can fix it?

Associate
OP
Also to add.

I was trying to update windows to see if there was an issue there and I keep getting error code: Error 0x80004002

It seems im unable to update windows however I am unsure of any repair programs that I can use. I have also seemingly lost my windows disc, with the license inside it so I dont want to go uninstalling, unless theres a way to do a fresh install from nothing?

Soldato
W10 is activated by the hardware so you can dl a fresh W10 iso and re install.It will allow you to activate without having the disc/serial number

I then started moving certain games
If i am reading this right you `moved/cut and pasted ` the games?if so no they wont work

Best bet,what i would do anyway
is BACKUP all important info,then re install W10 and then the rest of your apps.Disconnect all drives except boot drive though

Associate
OP
Thanks for the feedback. I managed to get a Windows 10 USB and formatted my Windows SSD, reinstalled windows and went from there. PC has been great ever since and worked fine with the new SSD.

Not sure what happened but it's fixed now. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom