Enthoo Pro M TG running very hot

Caporegime
Well I think I've found out why my CPU and GPU run so hot, my case (idle CPU runs at a toasty 50-55 and GPU under load 80-85). I didn't realise how hot it gets under load, almost too hot to touch. I don't think it was rated as the best airflow case but it does seem to be struggling a lot in this heat.

I currently have my Kraken X52 on the front of the inside with its fans acting as intakes, then a 120 AER on the back and one on the top, both acting as exhausts. My question is should I buy a couple more AER fans as exhausts or get another case with better airflow (in which case, any recommendations for a TG case)?

I have a Zotac AMP 980Ti which seems to run hot anyway so assume it will want as much air flow as possible. Finally should I consider negative/positive air pressures or not important?

Associate
I have the enthoo pro M however its not the TG its acrylic but the airflow should be the same and mine seems to be working very well

idle CPU (i5-4670k haswell which apparently run hotter than most) right now is 35C max and thats with a hyper evo 212 with just 1 fan, so air cooled

GPU (msi gtx 970 with fans running at 30%) is 26C currently, idle

i have 2 fans on the front as intake running around 650-700rpm
1 fan on the back as exhaust running at 700-720rpm
This causes positive air pressure which i find works best
positive pressure will push air out of any holes in the case so the air will cover more area, which means most things are cooled
the setup you have now is slightly balances or a little bit negative, also with the position they are in the air flow would be going straight up to those exhaust fans and missing most of your GPU

i would remove the exhaust on the top and see if anything improves
also reseat your kraken and reapply thermal paste

ofcourse it depends on the hardware with temps but i dont think the case is the issue

Caporegime
OP
Sweet, so my current options might be free/cheap. Not actually sure what speeds they are running at, remember setting up a fan curve at some point. Is there any tweak I should do with my X52 radiator sat at the front of the case? I think it goes rad/fans/exterior intake, would this not be bringing in cold air and pushing it through the rad resulting in warm air been pushed across the GPU?

I will take the top exhaust off, reseat the X52 and have a look at the fan speeds/curve.

Soldato
Sweet, so my current options might be free/cheap. Not actually sure what speeds they are running at, remember setting up a fan curve at some point. Is there any tweak I should do with my X52 radiator sat at the front of the case? I think it goes rad/fans/exterior intake, would this not be bringing in cold air and pushing it through the rad resulting in warm air been pushed across the GPU?

I will take the top exhaust off, reseat the X52 and have a look at the fan speeds/curve.

Bringing cool air over your rad is generally optimal, although keep in mind this heatwave we're in isn't going to be friendly to any system. Do as you say and see if you get any improvement. Use Hardware Monitor if you aren't already, that should tell you everything you need to know.

You can also reapply TIM to the GPU... that can often net a not insignificant improvement and isn't as daunting as it may sound.

Caporegime
OP
I tried that as my GPU seemed to be running quite hot before the summer, seems that AMPs generally run hotter as reapplying made no difference.

Associate

How did you get on with this? an improvement?

Caporegime
OP
Hi, sorry still haven't got round to fixing this :o. Tempted to move the radiator, question though. I have a penchant for RGB so could I put my AER fans on the Kraken X52 and move the non-RGB fans to the front intakes? I am sure I can but would I be sacrificing a lot of performance?

Back
Top Bottom