Poll: British Grand Prix 2018, Silverstone - Race 10/21

Rate the 2018 British Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Permabanned
I don't see anything wrong there personally.

I see double change in direction. The first time, Hamilton followed Kimi to the right and when they were close to Bottas, Kimi changed the direction to the left, when Hamilton again followed him. Hamilton and Bottas were next to each other in the entry of turn 1, thus effectively limiting the area where Kimi could go.

Soldato
I assume Raikkonen was given a heftier penalty because of the complaining that arose from the leniency of Vettel's Paul Ricard penalty. You can hardly argue there's bias towards Ferrari/Vettel though as Vettel was very harshly given a penalty in Austria when previous instances have gone completely unpunished. There needs to be more consistency though (and definitely more transparency).

As for those calling Raikkonen's move deliberate and some even calling for him to be banned... come on! You'd have half the racing world suspended if that's the sort of thing you get banned for. It was a mistake, he locked up, he got a penalty, he finished behind Hamilton, it's done.

Good race, plenty of action. Safety car spiced things up nicely and gave us a good finish. Nasty crash for Eriksson; it will be interesting to see if they keep the T1 DRS zone next year, but the crashes we did see were all driver error.

I can understand Hamilton being annoyed, but for the fans he should try to celebrate a brilliant recovery drive instead, especially with all the support he was given. He couldn't win, that much was out of his control, but you can't win them all and it was a brilliant drive. It seemed like he was feeling the world was against him again, but he sounded much chirpier in the pen interview.

Wow that Haas gave Kimi a hard time......
You missed Ocon at Monaco then?

Eh? When did Schumacher have a Ferrari break down on the final lap?
Imola 1996 is the only last-lap failure I can recall (though he still finished, just).

Are you sure? I would have thought the high speed corners would have the opposite effect. Cars will not be able to follow closely in those sections without completely wrecking the tyres or loosing a load of downforce. They would be quite far back come the DRS zone.

We have seen that quite a lot this year at other tracks.

You were quite right as it turned out. Most passes were cars overtaking much slower cars. It wasn't as powerful as I was expecting - perhaps due to the shallower wings it had less effect.

Permabanned
Drivers have come across to block at the start since...before I was born. Get over it.

I won't get over it. I want things to improve and at every start the better starters to benefit. Who makes the better start should be rewarded, not punished because they have no where to make their overtake happen ;)

Isn't exactly more overtakes what most people complain isn't enough?

Soldato
We complain when a driver just spouts bland corporate-speak, and we complain when a driver wears his heart on his sleeve and shows emotion and says what they feel.

Hamilton isn't thinking of the incredible recovery drive he made and how he mitigated the points loss. He's thinking how he made a less than perfect start, got punted off and let the team and the British fans down. If Hamilton shrugged his shoulders, certain people would have called him, cold, arrogant, disrespectful of his team and fans. He would have been called worse if he showed upset and shed a few tears of frustration because he felt like he'd let the fans and team down.

Hamilton's a multiple world champion at a time when he's racing against other world champions. But there's still people who want to crap all over him whether he wins or loses.
However it wasn't just LH being a sore loser and a lacking being a 'sporting hero'.

Soldato
I won't get over it. I want things to improve and at every start the better starters to benefit. Who makes the better start should be rewarded, not punished because they have no where to make their overtake happen ;)

Isn't exactly more overtakes what most people complain isn't enough?

Here's an idea - he should have qualified better!

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Whatever Ferrari have done to get the launch off the line need applauding imo.

For years (since at least the Alonso days) they've had immense launch off the grid box. It almost gains them a grid position over their rivals to the point where I never think of a RB or a Renault making up places from the start, but I always fear a fast starting Ferrari. Is it clever use of the battery pack to give them a pseudo traction control system? I hope it's something we find out about years from now in someone's autobiography (a bit like the stethoscope shenanigans at McLaren).

Their latest update is also working a treat. Hopefully this trend of a closely fought WDC continues to the end of the season as it'll make for one hell of a finale :cool:

Caporegime
Great race.
Gave it an 8.

Not being a Lewis or ferrari supporter probably gives me a more balanced view!

Ericsson has a use after all!
Alonso and leclerc showing up their team mates!
Grosjean causing another incident.
Don't blame Mercedes for trying what they did, was worth it.
Great recovery by Hamilton
Felt all the penalties were fair and appropriate.
I don't for a second think Kimi did it on purpose

Good job by the hulk! They need to outscore haas wherever they can with the ferrari engine in it

Man of Honour
Santino Ferrucci, the Haas junior driver, in F2 has gone and pretty much killed his career in one day.

Drove from the F2 paddock to the F1 pitlane before the race with only one glove on and a phone in the other hand. Safety and technical violation - €6000 fine.

During the race, deliberately forced his teammate off the track when he attempted to overtake. Declined to go to the stewards when summoned. - Excluded from the Sprint Race.

Deliberately drove into his teammate on the cooldown lap of the race. Team testimony said it was premeditated. Again, declined to go to the stewards when summoned. Subsequently banned him from 2 events *4 races* and a €60k fine.

Trident on twitter post race:

Trident intends to show their solidarity and support to @ArjunMaini_ and his family, for the unsportsmanlike and above all uncivilized behavior that he was forced to endure not only during this last weekend by Santino Ferrucci and father, who accompanied him.

The contractual implications of what has happened will be dealt with by our lawyers. Never in these 12 years of sporting activity has anything even close to this ever occurred. We apologize for the show that we have regretfully offered.

So.... Another Maldonado in the making...
Or, judging by who is being lined up to replace Hartley, another Red Bull driver?

Permabanned
Santino Ferrucci, the Haas junior driver, in F2 has gone and pretty much killed his career in one day.

Drove from the F2 paddock to the F1 pitlane before the race with only one glove on and a phone in the other hand. Safety and technical violation - €6000 fine.

During the race, deliberately forced his teammate off the track when he attempted to overtake. Declined to go to the stewards when summoned. - Excluded from the Sprint Race.

Deliberately drove into his teammate on the cooldown lap of the race. Team testimony said it was premeditated. Again, declined to go to the stewards when summoned. Subsequently banned him from 2 events *4 races* and a €60k fine.

Sounds really strange and needs to be seriously investigated what caused this behaviour.
What can it be, some personal problems, too much competition?

Soldato

Wow, someone pressed the self destruct button today, what a moron. Looking at his career record, it doesn't look like he'll be a big loss tbh. Arjun Maini hasn't had a happy past few weeks has he, haha.

2o7rfiy.jpg

:/

Back
Top Bottom